Ministers conflict of interest

Banker

44 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Pretty sure Mr S has enough on his plate without sniping from the wings. Just saying.

Here we are once again, a halo joke is considered acceptable but an alien joke isn’t? Despite neither being reality and both being jokes? Only one person that does the sniping Dilli and it certainly isn’t me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Here we are once again, a halo joke is considered acceptable but an alien joke isn’t? Despite neither being reality and both being jokes? Only one person that does the sniping Dilli and it certainly isn’t me. 

Really ?

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=59982&headline=Elderly couple appeal against their fraud conviction&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021

This case sounds quite amusing. Despite claiming to be dyslexic and computer illiterate, Mr Moore decided it would be a good idea to represent himself against accusations of fraud totalling over 4.65M pounds. Sounds like a good plan, what could possibly go wrong? A large part of the defence appears to be him blaming his wife and his wife blaming him. I can see how they must have entranced local politicians.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, quilp said:

It's not "sniping" as far as I can see, just vain attempts at basically harmless satire, if you don't find it humourous and see it as something else that's up to you. It is, or could be, a fairly serious matter which needs scrutiny. I doubt very much Shimmin visits this site, even less that he'd be offended. It's not like anyone's rubbing salt in his wounds.

Yet.

He used to post on here regularly under his own name.  On the run up to the election and for some time after.

Not sure if we’ll see him now tho.

4 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=59982&headline=Elderly couple appeal against their fraud conviction&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021

This case sounds quite amusing. Despite claiming to be dyslexic and computer illiterate, Mr Moore decided it would be a good idea to represent himself against accusations of fraud totalling over 4.65M pounds. Sounds like a good plan, what could possibly go wrong? A large part of the defence appears to be him blaming his wife and his wife blaming him. I can see how they must have entranced local politicians.

Mojo, 

Lets face it, is it really so hard to entrance our local politicos?

You are dealing with the likes of Skelly and Callister - hardly the brains trust?

The rest I’m afraid are seduced by money. Whilst the Channel Islands and other jurisdictions are selective as to who can live there, the IOM is content to take any old Tom, Dick or Harrietta. 

• Haha 3

Why has this topic gone so quiet when it is so important. Skelly can’t be allowed to just duck his head and let this blow over. Time to face the truth and reality. Does he think we are all stupid ? Just hope he does the decent thing and disappears .

Dilli, we are all stupid when it comes to Manx politics, well, most of the population at least. Couple that with our obvious short memories and general disinterest the miscreants are on to a winner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, quilp said:

But both those politicians are adamant they've done nothing wrong, an apology would be an admission of fallibility. Ain't gonna happen... 

But as a statement of fact, has it not been found that they failed to declare interests? 

Even if they feel they've done nothing wrong, they were wrong.