Ministers conflict of interest

Banker

I wonder if the "Benefits brought to the Island" by this pair will outweigh the costs to the public of their trial, incarceration and Appeal?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

But, I shall be very surprised if there are any sanctions, just be as as usual with many previous examples of spurious decisions by gov. that have gone un-sanctioned. Don't ask for examples though 'cos I would be  rather worried about any repercussions.

You're not the only taking that view Doc , Shimmin , to my knowledge ,dealt with a planning application in what one could argue was an unconventional way. 

I found Skelly's  involvement in the TT  a little perplexing .

Just saying

Edited by paswt

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

If nobody has bought it by 1800 tonight i shall do my bit and go read the first couple of pages down the shop then report back with a short precis of events.

Take a picture on yer phone Yessir!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Planning matter. The applicants were the couple who have recently been convicted of large scale VAT fraud.

9833D22B-540B-4C7B-865E-0540447C0E17.jpeg

spoilsport - I wanted Stinky to troop off to the newsagent...🥶

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

That is scandalous. 

That, and the withholding of the FOI.

what else is buried?

that would need a fleet of JCB's

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

If nobody has bought it by 1800 tonight i shall do my bit and go read the first couple of pages down the shop then report back with a short precis of events.

Put another way, you could "skimread" it which is exactly what Skelly claims he did with the planning application in question.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Put another way, you could "skimread" it which is exactly what Skelly claims he did with the planning application in question.

Nothing like a bit of due diligence, is there?

Strange, isn't it? We bend over backwards (or forwards in the case of some) to attract HNWs here and accommodate their every whim. Then we have to spend huge amounts of public money prosecuting and jailing a number of them when it transpires that they're not quite the philanthropic benefactors that we were assured that they were by our leaders at the time.

Louis Group, Regency Travel group (which will apparently take years to unravel?), SIB, the list could go on and on. Somebody, somewhere must have figures as to how much it all costs.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
  • Like 4

The Moores are another of that prick Shimmin's cohort of chancers. File with Courtenay Heading.

As for Teflon Skelly - Peter Duke and Brunnschweiler seem to do ok from DED.

These ballbags need to realise the sort of self-made type who comes to Government looking for support need a leg up rather than offering anything much back.