I see a petition has been started to stop the erection of a 5g mast in the Woodbourne Road area. I can understand the nimby objections. I also see some claiming it will damage health.  I am not aware of any verified evidence to support such claims. Has some been produced?  If not they are doing a disservice to the case.

5 minutes ago, NoTail said:

I see a petition has been started to stop the erection of a 5g mast in the Woodbourne Road area. I can understand the nimby objections. I also see some claiming it will damage health.  I am not aware of any verified evidence to support such claims. Has some been produced?  If not they are doing a disservice to the case.

It’s the usual nimbys who will complain about slow internet etc like the lot on Ballabeg and when telecom put up some poles to improve the speeds etc they complained.

The ballabeg lot want the cables underground which costs c 4x poles but will then complain about costs of service 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NoTail said:

Hasn’t there been a mobile mast there for over a year but because it was temporary/on wheels it didn’t require planning permission? 

The problem is, they're not particularly well educated in their health risks.

5G in the guise it is going up is pretty similar to 4G, 3G and 2G. They're similar frequencies, and all the masts are a fraction of the power of a microwave, spread out across miles and miles of distance.

mmWave stuff is scary because it's 60Ghz or so, but that doesn't have nearly the range of a traditional tower.

Pongo, you can't base your choice of employee on social media comments!

We'd all be out of work?

MTel exchange is beind Wood.rd, shouldn't it just be going on the current mast?

4 minutes ago, Kopek said:

We'd all be out of work?

MTel exchange is beind Wood.rd, shouldn't it just be going on the current mast?

They wouldn't want to irradiate their own staff!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Banker said:

The ballabeg lot want the cables underground which costs c 4x poles but will then complain about costs of service 

Underground cabling is also very much more reliable and aesthetically pleasing,  and considering the long millions the taxpayer is paying to install the infrastructure, shouldn't affect the cost of the service at all. 

4 hours ago, Kopek said:

Lots of places do. And if you think that's bad you should try getting DV clearance!

• Haha 2