Covid at KWC

hagar the horrible

Just now, hagar the horrible said:

I got a letter yesterday from the dhss telling me I am very high risk from covid infection then this morning I read that 7 students from a party of 39 foreign students who were given special permission to enter the island despite the border being closed, what the ****, who gave them permission and WHY?????

Because they are residents here. They got the same permission as any other resident to be allowed to return home to the Island. As with all returning residents, they have been isolating (within KWC), so please don’t worry that they will infect yourself. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, hagar the horrible said:

I got a letter yesterday from the dhss telling me I am very high risk from covid 

I can’t believe you’re very high risk and they write to you. Letter received Monday, no weekend deliveries, so presumably send Thursday or Friday? Surely they or your GP must have your phone number and then maybe confirm in a follow up letter. 

I hope you’ve been following the rules and recommendations. 

Of course they're not residents. They go to school here, that's all. They should be locked down in their own homes, wherever they reside and KWC closed while this lasts. There are too many people coming and going through this joke of a lockdown. Even a group of people spotted pulling suitcases down Strand Street a week or so ago. Key workers my ass.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Of course they're not residents. They go to school here, that's all. They should be locked down in their own homes, wherever they reside and KWC closed while this lasts. There are too many people coming and going through this joke of a lockdown. Even a group of people spotted pulling suitcases down Strand Street a week or so ago. Key workers my ass.

IOM legislation states that residency for a student is where they are educated as well as where their parents reside. They are legal residents, despite how anyone feels about it. 

• Like 1