Jump to content

TT 2022 ??


Barlow
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Yes, but that is a choice the employer makes. They may seem pressured into it but we don't observe a couple of the UK holidays.

Which ones? The Scots have 2nd January which we don't observe but that's it I think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Which ones? The Scots have 2nd January which we don't observe but that's it I think?

Scots also don't have one of the May ones possibly? And do they have St. Andrew's day too?

There are 8 'English' bank holidays which I would imagine IOM firms align to. Myself (and friends who work elsewhere) either get to take Senior & Tynwald on the day, or in lieu elsewhere if they are needed in work. I do know a few firms who do not recognise 'local' bank hols at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

 

There are 8 'English' bank holidays which I would imagine IOM firms align to.

Yeah 8, that's right, we get them plus 2 Manx ones, and this year there's an extra jubilee one for 11. You're right about St Andrews day, that's in November, but they don't drop any in May so with the extra new year one and that the Scots get a better deal than the English too.  Dunno about NI or Wales. 

Edited by TheTeapot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Which UK holidays do we not observe?

Officially none but it was usually a couple of the Bank Holiday which were substituted by Senior Race Day and Tynwald Day. It then seemed that you could take two of whichever of those four days suited you best, then some employers gave the lot, giving the IoM two additional holidays, by default rather than anything else.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'd do it all over again, but try not to crash of course. I don't think I'm alone in this at all. 

I can understand that but would you do it all over again if you knew you would incur the same outcome or that you would do so many years earlier?

There is plenty of talk about the affects of concussion resulting in early dementia from sports such as rugby, NFL and to an extent football. It would have been great to play one of these sports professionally and if I was given the choice I might have traded the downside of the dementia if they came on when I was in my 60's having had a great time at the top of the sport for a good few years.  I would less inclined if I was a journeyman pro or got it in my mid late thirties.  

I have been involved in sporting and other activities all my life either directly or via my family. Potentially in those sports or activities I or my family could have been injured, potentially quite severely, and I have seen others get badly injured. In the past I was basically happy to give almost anything a go. The potential risks never stopped me doing as whilst I was aware there was a risk I always rationalised that I new what the risks were and that it would not happen to me. If I thought when, to coin a phrase, I stepped over the white wash that there was any risk there is no way I could have done what I did.  Now older and wiser I realise at times I was bloody lucky and it was not a case that I knew and accepted the risks but simply believed they would not happen to me. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

is this a case of pushing cyclists rights to the very limit , its time these guys realised the law applied to them as well as everyone else using the road ,  I was caught in a 2 mile tailback this morning all through Greeba  and almost to Ballacraine , two lycra louts all in black and riding 2 abreast  totally oblivious to the traffic problems they were causing , still makes a change from riding though red lights ,  over zebra crossings   and on footpaths and pedestrian only areas  ,

I hope the bench throw the book at them 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Omobono said:

is this a case of pushing cyclists rights to the very limit , its time these guys realised the law applied to them as well as everyone else using the road ,  I was caught in a 2 mile tailback this morning all through Greeba  and almost to Ballacraine , two lycra louts all in black and riding 2 abreast  totally oblivious to the traffic problems they were causing , still makes a change from riding though red lights ,  over zebra crossings   and on footpaths and pedestrian only areas  ,

I hope the bench throw the book at them 

 

 

I think there is a strong possibility that said cyclists were mountain bikers, there are multiple ways on to the mountain road on an MTB, East Mountain Gate, Windy Corner being the most obvious.  The example stated above would suggest said cyclists were doing nothing wrong, maybe they planned on using the old railway line but the number of motorbikes illegally using that put them off?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

image.thumb.png.bc4a1ab1706f1743e534b6f603c9f41a.png

Unbelievable!! Cyclists not only on mountain but going wrong way & road closed, hopefully bikes will be scrapped 

I would like to apologize to everyone on behalf of sane cyclists.

Frankly I barely ride on the road during TT and if you ride over the mountain (either way) over the period, you've got a death-wish or are a complete asshole. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Meoir Shee said:

I think there is a strong possibility that said cyclists were mountain bikers, there are multiple ways on to the mountain road on an MTB, East Mountain Gate, Windy Corner being the most obvious.  The example stated above would suggest said cyclists were doing nothing wrong, maybe they planned on using the old railway line but the number of motorbikes illegally using that put them off?

Well they want fining then. Simple. They have the other 50 weeks of the year to be playing with their bicycles, there's absolutely no need to risking their own life and others by wearing lycra during TT.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I would like to apologize to everyone on behalf of sane cyclists.

Frankly I barely ride on the road during TT and if you ride over the mountain (either way) over the period, you've got a death-wish or are a complete asshole. 

 

We should be giving them the freedom to do what they enjoy even if they risk death. They know the risks etc..

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...