Jump to content

TT 2022 ??


Barlow
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

It's simple. It's anger at the Isle of Man prostituting our roads to facilitate this horror show year after year and nothing ever changes. Then when there is horrific incidents we get the whole fake 'thoughts and prayers' followed by the usual "they died doing what they loved" spiel. 

Secondary to that there's whole 'industry' that is built on the back of it. It's bloody money and nothing else. Charging people £300 a night to sleep in a portacabin is not 'essential' to the island's economy. 

Then we have the issues of the politicos and very highly paid civil servants who bask in the glory of the horror show. How many of them are ever held to account  for failures of the event such as the Mercer incident? Some of them believe themselves to be un-fucking-touchable (it has reflections of the DHSC issues in it). 

Finally there's the issue of what incidents at this event cause. Out of respect to John not asking us to talk about the sidecar incident I'm not going to.  However I've spoken with witnesses to previous incidents and they have been massively messed up by it. IOMG have a duty of care to bystanders and spectators and I don't believe they take this role seriously. 

We also have the issue of TT supporters living in a state of denial about the real world impacts that their precious event has on real people. They don't realise the distress, hurt and real damage to families it causes. They think it just all ends on Senior Race Day with the fireworks. I can promise you it doesn't. 

I hope that helps you understand the opposing viewpoint. 

Your POV is completely valid.

Your non-stop inane posting in this thread is pathetic.

Hope this helps.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

I think the mods/John Wright is just being a pompous arse, and not for the first time. OK getting splattered against a wall is not nice, to put it mildly, but if we are sensitive about it we should not let it happen rather going "oh that is not nice,  please don't mention it". It seems utter bollocks to me that you can not discuss a person going splat, losing a limb, being disfigured or badly burned but actually supporting it happening is fine.

I appreciate I did not say I would not post again, but if the mods will not permanently ban me when I have asked nicely then I might as well get banned for being an absolute cock. Flooding the forum with loads of new threads headed John Wright is an effing arsehole should probably do it!

Look, we don't agree a lot, but it'd be a loss if you left over a probably temporary request not to discuss a couple of things.

There's always Twitter if you'd like to disagree with me there...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Out of respect to John not asking us to talk about the sidecar incident I'm not going to.  However I've spoken with witnesses to previous incidents and they have been massively messed up by it. IOMG have a duty of care to bystanders and spectators and I don't believe they take this role seriously. 

I am totally against speculation but I see nothing wrong with posting facts. If you witnessed a horrific accident and are posting accurately then what you are posting even if unpleasant and upsetting for some should be totally fine. People die in horrific accidents at the TT or suffer horrific injuries. Bodies get smashed to a pulp, badly burned, limbs are lost but we cannot be honest about it. Anything that would appear to suggest they did little more than pass away quietly in their sleep seems to be unacceptable. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Look, we don't agree a lot, but it'd be a loss if you left over a probably temporary request not to discuss a couple of things.

There's always Twitter if you'd like to disagree with me there...

Cheers but sometimes I find JW to be so up his own backside

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Cheers but sometimes I find JW to be so up his own backside

I think you've got to keep in mind John isn't the only moderator, and the driving force behind this might be someone else.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

It's simple. It's anger at the Isle of Man prostituting our roads to facilitate this horror show year after year and nothing ever changes. Then when there is horrific incidents we get the whole fake 'thoughts and prayers' followed by the usual "they died doing what they loved" spiel. 

Secondary to that there's whole 'industry' that is built on the back of it. It's bloody money and nothing else. Charging people £300 a night to sleep in a portacabin is not 'essential' to the island's economy. 

Then we have the issues of the politicos and very highly paid civil servants who bask in the glory of the horror show. How many of them are ever held to account  for failures of the event such as the Mercer incident? Some of them believe themselves to be un-fucking-touchable (it has reflections of the DHSC issues in it). 

Finally there's the issue of what incidents at this event cause. Out of respect to John not asking us to talk about the sidecar incident I'm not going to.  However I've spoken with witnesses to previous incidents and they have been massively messed up by it. IOMG have a duty of care to bystanders and spectators and I don't believe they take this role seriously. 

We also have the issue of TT supporters living in a state of denial about the real world impacts that their precious event has on real people. They don't realise the distress, hurt and real damage to families it causes. They think it just all ends on Senior Race Day with the fireworks. I can promise you it doesn't. 

I hope that helps you understand the opposing viewpoint. 

What exactly would you like the Government to do? there is always a chance something terrible might happen if people are worried about that and don't want to see it then I would suggest not going and watching it in the first place. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

the usual "they died doing what they loved" spiel. 

I know you for some reason object to that, and the "knew the risks" and the "lots of things are dangerous" talk, but the reason they come up often is because they're true.

Quote

Secondary to that there's whole 'industry' that is built on the back of it. It's bloody money and nothing else. Charging people £300 a night to sleep in a portacabin is not 'essential' to the island's economy. 

I think that might be a slight mischaracterisation of the total economic effect.

Quote

Then we have the issues of the politicos and very highly paid civil servants who bask in the glory of the horror show. How many of them are ever held to account  for failures of the event such as the Mercer incident? Some of them believe themselves to be un-fucking-touchable (it has reflections of the DHSC issues in it). 

I agree. And for some reason I still hold a shred of hope that the details of the Mercer incident are released, and that if there is any evidence of negligence, people are brought to account.

Quote

Finally there's the issue of what incidents at this event cause. Out of respect to John not asking us to talk about the sidecar incident I'm not going to.  However I've spoken with witnesses to previous incidents and they have been massively messed up by it. IOMG have a duty of care to bystanders and spectators and I don't believe they take this role seriously. 

We should have programmes that do that for anyone witnessing deaths, regardless of TT or not.

Quote

We also have the issue of TT supporters living in a state of denial about the real world impacts that their precious event has on real people. They don't realise the distress, hurt and real damage to families it causes. They think it just all ends on Senior Race Day with the fireworks. I can promise you it doesn't. 

I hope that helps you understand the opposing viewpoint. 

You said finally on the last one!! But I wholeheartedly disagree. Many TT fans are the ones following the updates from the family/riders after injuries or deaths. Many TT fans are the ones continuing to send well-wishes, e.g:

GeogH0v.png

I think it's an unfair accusation to claim the fans live in denial about the after-effects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Well you are stuck with him. He does it for free. You might not always agree with his decisions, but then you are free to leave at anytime.

I am about to but I want to get fucking permanently banned so I am not tempted to re-join later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

"oh that is not nice,  please don't mention it".

The island is in a state of collective denial. 

Many tolerate TT as it's the only time of year when the island has events like Bushys and the 1886 stage. 

The Manx flag is stained with the blood of everyone who has been killed on the TT Course. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

John has his reasons but this stinks. Coming hot on the heels of the Rosalind Ranson case and IOM Govt's collusion in the attempt to gaslight and close down a 'whistleblower' to protect a career civil servant. The full implications of which are still to be realised. But here we are again and an internet forum effectively closed down from discussing a Government sponsored event. This time it's Callister that's showing to be the useful idiot and lickspittle.

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lost Login said:

John or another mod, could you please permanently ban me, so I am not tempted to post on this forum again.

 

54 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

I appreciate I did not say I would not post again, but if the mods will not permanently ban me when I have asked nicely then I might as well get banned for being an absolute cock. 

I'm not being funny but why don't you just stop posting. Ban yourself, like you did with the Covid thread.

Even better do a forum flounce, which I see you're kinda boiling up to. Good onya.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...