Jump to content

TT 2022 ??


Barlow
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

It’s a two week event. People are arriving and departing all the time.

Do you really have to be disparaging about every single thing that’s posted? 

The SPC has been booked out for months. Unless they’ve put extra ships on at the last minute their booking this week will be the same as last week. You haven’t been able to book a ticket for weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Bandits said:

The SPC has been booked out for months. Unless they’ve put extra ships on at the last minute their booking this week will be the same as last week. You haven’t been able to book a ticket for weeks. 

Thats not true. It's only been booked up for bikes. Foot passenger places have been available

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Thats not true. It's only been booked up for bikes. Foot passenger places have been available

They haven’t. Spoke to several people who couldn’t come over as they couldn’t even get a foot passenger ticket and that was weeks ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bandits said:

They haven’t. Spoke to several people who couldn’t come over as they couldn’t even get a foot passenger ticket and that was weeks ago.

Strange people who couldn’t get the plane managed ok this week,I think you just make things up mostly 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't worry @Roxanne, its Tynwald next month. MF history shows that the TT threads die away for Tynwald. We could even have MF Tynwald Bingo;

Tynpotwald

Strutting turkeys

Tugging forelock

Peter Karran's suit

Ridiculous fancy dress

Preening morons

Great and good

Manx establishment

Car boot sale

And those are just from @2112 's comments 😂

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Yes you have.  Look at the TT message boards.  Loads of people booked last minute as foot passengers 

On the 3rd June Callister said 1000 less than 2019 which recorded 31,427 passengers. So in 6 days we’re now 10% up on 2019 which would be 3,152 so you honestly believe there was room for nearly 5,000 extra foot passengers who have suddenly booked in the last 5 days? 

Edited by Bandits
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Twitch said:

They made a guess. The actual was a little higher than the guess. I guess.

This is good news, it's been packed, obviously busy and it's fine, good for the event and good for the Island.

What grips me is when we have such as a FOM from 2019 which was visibly poorly attended and they tried to claim record numbers travelling and attending.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

This is good news, it's been packed, obviously busy and it's fine, good for the event and good for the Island.

What grips me is when we have such as a FOM from 2019 which was visibly poorly attended and they tried to claim record numbers travelling and attending.

Certainly seemed more in Douglas for red arrows & never seen Bushys so busy on Saturday when we were there 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bandits said:

On the 3rd June Callister said 1000 less than 2019 which recorded 31,427 passengers. So in 6 days we’re now 10% up on 2019 which would be 3,152 so you honestly believe there was room for nearly 5,000 extra foot passengers who have suddenly booked in the last 5 days? 

That's where you're going wrong.  You're assuming Callister understands what he's talking about (now or on the 3rd).

Actually there may well have been some sailings with no foot passenger space left, particularly around last Friday and Saturday coming to the Island, but they're fairly rare because Car/Bike space usually fills first.  But flight problems will have rerouted a lot of people.  Not all of them TT of course - most travellers by air weren't in 2019.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...