Jump to content

TT 2022 ??


Barlow
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just wish one MHK would stick their head above the parapet on this, but I know not one would dare. Political suicide.

I believe High Admiral Watterson isn’t exactly a fan, tbh he’d probably be the only MHK who could survive a thorough TT “discussion “. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Yeah that. I did a fagpacket count on just TT, just since 2000, and the 1000cc numbers were around double the 600cc numbers. Obviously someone who could be arsed could work out how many laps are run on each, how many competitors etc etc, but it passes a sniff test given that higher speeds = more lethality if you crash, and probably higher chance of crashing to start with.

1000cc races are 50% longer if run as scheduled, and the top guys definitely do more practice laps on the big bikes.

I can’t be arsed to work it out, but gut feeling is it’s not that big a difference.

Still irrelevant in regards to this year either way but I kind of go with what Max was getting at.  I think people are more likely to make a mistake wringing the nuts of a small bike than being more careful on a big one.

Either way you are probably going to hit something hard at high speed.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

1000cc races are 50% longer if run as scheduled, and the top guys definitely do more practice laps on the big bikes.

I can’t be arsed to work it out, but gut feeling is it’s not that big a difference.

Still irrelevant in regards to this year either way but I kind of go with what Max was getting at.  I think people are more likely to make a mistake wringing the nuts of a small bike than being more careful on a big one.

Either way you are probably going to hit something hard at high speed.

I don't think there are any points where the fast boys aren't giving it their all on the big bikes now though. I think looking at one TT in isolation is a pretty sizeable mistake.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When my mate who unfortunately has seen both sidecar fatalities this week said this one is worse.

That itself as a statement is astonishing- how can seeing someone die and someone injured beyond recognition which has been globally reported be essentially outdone within a week ?

Sit on a hedge tomorrow it’s all fine.

Not for me

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Bloodbath
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Here's a thought people, no matter what you think about the TT be it pro or anti, just remember a mother is now grieving over the loss of her husband and son. Take a day off and leave the one upmanship until another day.

And who hasn’t made acknowledgment of that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I don't think there are any points where the fast boys aren't giving it their all on the big bikes now though. I think looking at one TT in isolation is a pretty sizeable mistake.

I think it's worth looking at what the TT is doing, it was always touted as a sales exercise as its raison d'étre - so let's look at the classes.

1000cc sportsbikes which are a dwindling, tiny percentage of the market.

600cc sports bikes whose market dwindled on sales and emissions grounds so far that the manufacturers don't even make them anymore apart from a limited number for track use.

Sidecars, largely 600 powered, based on short-circuit car racing technology but with no relevance to sales of anything, anywhere, other than racing sidecars.

Supertwins, now dominated by a £50k model from a manufacturer who quotes "limited" numbers of sales of a £30k road-going replica. Interestingly, local veteran Dave Madsen-Mygdal stated during an interview this week that the Supertwins have become the new GP 2 strokes in respect of maintenance and expense following modification rule changes. And this was supposed to be a production-based Budget class?

Relevance to sales? Bollocks. We need to look hard at where the TT is going and whose short term, opportunistic hands it is in.

 

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I think it's worth looking at what the TT is doing, it was always touted as a sales exercise as its raison d'étre - so let's look at the classes.

1000cc sportsbikes which are a dwindling, tiny percentage of the market.

600cc sports bikes whose market dwindled on sales and emissions grounds so far that the manufacturers don't even make them anymore apart from a limited number for track use.

Sidecars, largely 600 powered, based on short-circuit car racing technology but with no relevance to sales of anything, anywhere, other than racing sidecars.

Supertwins, now dominated by a £50k model from a manufacturer who quotes "limited" numbers of sales of a £30k road-going replica.

Relevance to sales? Bollocks. We need to look hard at where the TT is going and whose short term, opportunistic hands it is in.

 

Middle-weight nakeds if they want to represent the population...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

I believe High Admiral Watterson isn’t exactly a fan, tbh he’d probably be the only MHK who could survive a thorough TT “discussion “. 

Temperatures are high. Someone has to say something. Two sidecar teams taken out at exactly the same spot within a few days of each other. You can even feel social media turning. They can’t front this out as usual. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Temperatures are high. Someone has to say something. Two sidecar teams taken out at exactly the same spot within a few days of each other. You can even feel social media turning. They can’t front this out as usual. 

Wanna bet?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Many riders have now and in the past opted for their Superstock-spec machinery for both the Superbike and Senior races. Reasons given are that they are invariably easier to ride through less power.

That’s a no then!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...