TT 2022 ??

Barlow

Just now, Youaintseenme said:

I am astounded this doesn’t seem to have been picked up on.  There was potential for both incidents down there to have been far, far worse than they were and as a massive TT fan I am surprised some temporary restrictions weren’t put in place following the first incident and until there had been a full review.

I know most spectators down there are on private property, but if there had been several taken out yesterday (and there nearly were) following a copycat incident earlier in the week that still hasn’t been fully explained then that would have been the end of the event in my opinion.

This is an interesting point. A large area at Signpost Corner has now been turned into a prohibited area, hopefully temporarily, losing a lot of spectator capacity, after a fairly minor incident at the end of practice week.

But  could they do the same thing on QB Road? Can the organisers actually stop people watching from their own gardens, driveways etc. regardless of the perceived level of risk?

The open roads safety is so much better, it feels safer as a resident and car driver driving round. Much less Wild West during TT.  Though yes, luck does play a part.  

but 3 dead at the bottom of our road, and so close to spectators. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Invite … not force to compel.

Its a bit like the whole sub judice argument around Ranson. Stop all debate by threatening people. 

And your point is? 

Where’s the threat? Where is the compulsion?

You can’t compare an invitation by the Coroner to the press and organisers to the rule on sub judice in Tynwald. It’s totally different, in scope, nature and application.

Do you accept, now, that this may not be your “they”?

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

And your point is? 

Where’s the threat?

The threats will have been made directly to media companies. There was even a direct call out to accredited media firms made after the first incidence. While the rules above say they may invite media firms to stop reporting you can guess that it will have been expressed as much more than an invitation to stop. 

20 minutes ago, Nellie said:

This is an interesting point. A large area at Signpost Corner has now been turned into a prohibited area, hopefully temporarily, losing a lot of spectator capacity, after a fairly minor incident at the end of practice week.

But  could they do the same thing on QB Road? Can the organisers actually stop people watching from their own gardens, driveways etc. regardless of the perceived level of risk?

yes,  some one in ramsey ( admittedly commissioners housing IIRC ) couldn't sit in their own rented front garden in 2019.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bandits said:

The threats will have been made directly to media companies. There was even a direct call out to accredited media firms made after the first incidence. While the rules above say they may invite media firms to stop reporting you can guess that it will have been expressed as much more than an invitation to stop. 

Can you back that up? Really?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know if it still happens, but there was a time that if you had a property that abounded the course where risk was foreseen, you were asked to sign a disclaimer.

personally my response would have been to ask what the organizers were doing to prevent collateral intrusion into my property in the event of an incident?

had a few done that I suspect we might not have an event today

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

I suspect that the majority of the public will also be really pleased.

I haven't had a single near miss this year, and I've driven more than I would like to at TT. Pretty much every year I've had a car I've had at least a couple, where a second or two difference could have ended in disaster. It's been loads better this year.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I don’t have to back that up do I as it’s an opinion and I said ‘you can guess’ not ‘they have’. I’d better stop there though as I’d hate to cause another ‘technical glitch’ where the forum isn’t viewable for another few hours or so. 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Of course he can't.  He has made his mind up that a certain situation exists and everything is twisted/made up to fit that narrative.  Tiresome. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1