Jump to content

TT 2022 ??


Barlow
 Share

Recommended Posts

DFE have launched a 'visitor survey' trying to extract information out visitors as to how much travel cost and how much they spent on Island.

If you say you are an IOM resident then the survey just ends.

Not arsed about the residents POV and what we thought of it obviously!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

DFE have launched a 'visitor survey' trying to extract information out visitors as to how much travel cost and how much they spent on Island.

If you say you are an IOM resident then the survey just ends.

Not arsed about the residents POV and what we thought of it obviously!

Why would a visitors survey be interested in the views of residents?

You seem to be getting irate over nothing. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

DFE have launched a 'visitor survey' trying to extract information out visitors as to how much travel cost and how much they spent on Island.

If you say you are an IOM resident then the survey just ends.

Not arsed about the residents POV and what we thought of it obviously!

To be fair that's what they've been doing every TT recently and I quoted a lot from the 2019 survey.  It might be interesting to ask a few specific questions of locals (eg if they are going off-Island because of TT) but the main purpose is to assess what TT visitors do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Why would a visitors survey be interested in the views of residents?

You seem to be getting irate over nothing. 

The point was that they aren't asking locals what we thought of things and where they can improve or else.

They're just interested in how much they've extracted out of visitors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

The point was that they aren't asking locals what we thought of things and where they can improve or else.

They're just interested in how much they've extracted out of visitors.

But isn't that the method they use for 'calculating' what the TT is worth to IOM PLC coffers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Roxanne said:

CB9678C1-3863-42C2-AD99-1A949FECD024.jpeg

Excellent Roxanne , one more of "us" and one less of "them"😉, mind you I left it a bit late ( I had my bus pass)when I agreed to passenger for a few laps @ Jurby . I was told to hold on and nod my head up and down but in reality was about as much use as 56 lbs of 'Edwards'.🤣

0413CA0F-FEDE-4E87-B38F-65943CF1C91C_1_201_a.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

The point was that they aren't asking locals what we thought of things and where they can improve or else.

They're just interested in how much they've extracted out of visitors.

As other have pointed out there are regular surveys done at the Sea Terminal on the reasons people are travelling. 

There are also MHKs who are elected by residents who you can go and speak to directly if you want to share your views.  That direct line of communication is much better than filling in a questionnaire .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...