TT 2022 ??

Barlow

Remember the days when they would also stop you for going to slow. Mind you most of the vehicles I first owned you would have to find a speed limit on a hill, and have everybody out pushing to get close to the speed limit.

You could have crossply's on the front and radials on the rear but don't mix em on the same axle

58 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

Apparently things are delayed today because all the marshalls are at the popular places like governors bridge and not spread out properly. Quality organisation. 

It’s hard to force unpaid volunteers to go to places they don’t want to… 

1 hour ago, manxfisherman said:

Apparently things are delayed today because all the marshalls are at the popular places like governors bridge and not spread out properly. Quality organisation. 

You're not allowed to criticise them. You'll be keelhauled on the Ben-My-Chree at dawn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Nobody really sticks to the 50mph limit especially over Cronk Y Voddy, I religiously stuck to all the limits at TT then learned afterwards they only prosecuted a handful of people and none of those were for 60mph, they were all 80mph+

This was in the 30mph limit opposite the old distillery.

police were out with the radar yesterday hoping to catch  the unwary , while today so much time was wasted  with  running  marshals around , and then qualifying stopped due to a red flag at Union mills , 

all in all ,  it buggered many peoples Sunday afternoon up ,  and as the weekend approaches racing Friday, Saturday and until finish  Monday ,  those who have booked for the MGP fortnight  will have bugger all else to do  , until they go home at the weekend , not the way to look after  customers ,!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Omobono said:

police were out with the radar yesterday hoping to catch  the unwary , while today so much time was wasted  with  running  marshals around , and then qualifying stopped due to a red flag at Union mills , 

all in all ,  it buggered many peoples Sunday afternoon up ,  and as the weekend approaches racing Friday, Saturday and until finish  Monday ,  those who have booked for the MGP fortnight  will have bugger all else to do  , until they go home at the weekend , not the way to look after  customers ,!

there are a few events after the races finish to give people something to do, IIRC there is a mini Jurby day planned for the Tuesday

• Haha 1

I think you might find the mini Jurby day  is struggling ,   an over enthusiastic  list of requirements from government  is making it almost impossible for  motorcycle clubs to run events like this any more , thats why  the VMCC stopped  their Jurby event ,I am all for health and safety  but in the Isle of Man  the jobsworths are killing everything off , 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Omobono said:

I think you might find the mini Jurby day  is struggling ,   an over enthusiastic  list of requirements from government  is making it almost impossible for  motorcycle clubs to run events like this any more , thats why  the VMCC stopped  their Jurby event ,I am all for health and safety  but in the Isle of Man  the jobsworths are killing everything off , 

The VMCC have now withdrawn from their most recent proposals for the mini Jurby event citing onerous requirements from Govt including a requirement amounting to duplication of personnel, some of whom were outsourced contractors.

Some of their proposals have been taken up by the Andreas Racing Association who are going to try to progress them for the Jurby function.

14 hours ago, Omobono said:

Spot on, the Gov CS self appointed experts stopped the VMCC Jurby event by stipulating expensive and IMO entirely unnecessary "requirements"  while at the same time choosing to ignore and abdicate responsibility for  obvious rider safety issues on the TT/MGP course .  Funny old world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/20/2022 at 11:42 PM, Asthehills said:

Bristol Is decent, and you can hire a car from £30 a day and go where you want.

Love to know where you hire cars for that nowadays. 

I was across a couple of weeks ago and due to train cancellations etc I looked at hire cars for three days.  £500 for a small one! 

Shortage of new vehicles apparently and lots of people doing similar to avoid the rail network. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Love to know where you hire cars for that nowadays. 

I was across a couple of weeks ago and due to train cancellations etc I looked at hire cars for three days.  £500 for a small one! 

Shortage of new vehicles apparently and lots of people doing similar to avoid the rail network. 

Yes  dynamic pricing due to train cancellations I would agree

But yes hire car costs have gone up enormously. I used to treat myself when hiring a car from an airport across. The differential between hiring say a Hyundai SUV or a Mercedes or Jaguar saloon was quite small so I would go for those options and  drive a more or less brand new luxury car.

Not quite the same now. I go for the Hyundai i10!