TT 2022 ??

Barlow

57 minutes ago, BriT said:

It’s not impossible when you literally couldn’t give a shit if the MGP was on or not. I’ve been all over central Douglas last few days and seen hardly any bikers. Not even in the Rovers on a non race day or outside the Villa this weekend. 

There was a nice row of old bikes on the Prom near Jak’s this afternoon, including one with a rag underneath catching oil drips 😂

• Haha 2

Peel was busy today  bikes parked both sides of the Quay  , who would want to stay in Douglas  no ice  cream  Kiosk , Cafe or free toilets on the promenade ,   Peel has cashed in because Douglas is Crap  and now provides nothing for visitors ,

And to top it off the beach is rubbish and unlike Peel no decent facilities or showers  on the beach  for children   the city fathers need a wake up call , your City is loosing out to other places because you have failed to repair the garden walls or even clear up around the chlldrens play area 

You should be ashamed , perhaps Amedaeus can go down with his mobile phone on a stick and take a few pictures 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Omobono said:

Peel was busy today  bikes parked both sides of the Quay  , who would want to stay in Douglas  no ice  cream  Kiosk , Cafe or free toilets on the promenade ,   Peel has cashed in because Douglas is Crap  and now provides nothing for visitors ,

And to top it off the beach is rubbish and unlike Peel no decent facilities or showers  on the beach  for children   the city fathers need a wake up call , your City is loosing out to other places because you have failed to repair the garden walls or even clear up around the chlldrens play area 

You should be ashamed , perhaps Amedaeus can go down with his mobile phone on a stick and take a few pictures 

agreed, maybe Charles Guard needs to do another lap of the shithole with his video camera.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Omobono said:

And to top it off the beach is rubbish and unlike Peel no decent facilities or showers  on the beach  for children   the city fathers need a wake up call.

To be fair if visitors knew they were swimming in raw sewage they probably would give Peel a steer, really there should be some sort of warning sign up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Completely agree that nothing is being made of Douglas beach. To be fair though it is a bit like swimming right by a main road.  But a reason to go down there like some beach huts (removable), ice cream van, coffee shack.  Down pt Erin yesterday morning and the food places doing really well with frothy coffees and bacon baps everywhere.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I quite like that there’s nothing there. It’s never too crowded as a result. Kids can play, dogs can get walked, you can run, swim, go rockpooling. it’s a lovely big space.  I take the kids to Port Erin and Peel too, but that’s when we’re being tourists. 

19 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

And those bloody Living Hope charlatans were giving away ‘free’ candy floss. I felt like shouting, ‘it’s not free, they want your soul!’

Don't be ridiculous - Living Hope aren't interested in your soul.  They want your money.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Absolutely rammed.

Screenshot_20220829-120635_Facebook.jpg

At the time of me replying you posted that 35 minutes ago, the photo says it was posted 56m before that.

So taken at about 11:15 when racing doesn’t start until 13:30 and the roads hadn’t  even closed yet.  It looks busy to me considering.

We are at the Creg.  It’s now 12:45 and busy with a steady stream of people starting to arrive for the race.  Bikes should be here in just over an hour so I would expect most people are on their way now.

Next time i go for a beer I will take some Photos of both of the busy car parks for the benefit of those who seem determined to believe there is no one here.

The French guys to our left had have a great few days.  The guys on our right are asleep in the hedge sleeping off hangovers after having a great day and spending a small fortune into the local economy in Ramsey yesterday.

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2