Spam messages. Please stop reporting messages from Orange 15, Ivsa and Pupyh. They’ve been banned. ×

Isle of Old People

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said it many times but size of government should fit with the population size not the other was around!

Personally I think we could easily sustain a population of 100k to 125k with more infrastructure. Jersey has 125k on a much smaller island & Guernsey 64k on very small island. We need younger

If we had a public sector that cut its cloth accordingly, and a government that had more realistic ambitions, I would tend to agree.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

We're north of Watford.

That is so very true.  When advisers are formulating plans for wealthy individuals they always look south.  I asked a couple why and there was no real difference or edge that the CI had, they just preferred looking south.  Quite bizarre really.

7 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

warmer?

Natural instinct? Lots of birds fly south for the winter. Why wouldn't anything else that has the means?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gladys said:

That is so very true.  When advisers are formulating plans for wealthy individuals they always look south.  I asked a couple why and there was no real difference or edge that the CI had, they just preferred looking south.  Quite bizarre really.

But we don’t need to attract wealthy individuals or retirees, what we need is younger families to come here but for that we need jobs, affordable housing & childcare, nightlife etc 

If we got rid of Skelly & department who haven’t brought many jobs in we’d have £m to subside housing for younger families 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Gladys said:

Thing is that Jersey and Guernsey are much nicer places to live. Both have better weather , nicer pubs and restaurants and are just generally better. But , and it’s a big but , both are like here in that they are ditch water Dutch dull to live in. It just happens that here is the shittiest crown dependency lifestyle wise unless you like biking and walking. Really you have a truck load of money , and you’re going to live in this shithole. Not going to happen. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Anyone said:

Thing is that Jersey and Guernsey are much nicer places to live. Both have better weather , nicer pubs and restaurants and are just generally better. But , and it’s a big but , both are like here in that they are ditch water Dutch dull to live in. It just happens that here is the shittiest crown dependency lifestyle wise unless you like biking and walking. Really you have a truck load of money , and you’re going to live in this shithole. Not going to happen. 

There's a boat in the morning.  Do us all a favour and do one, on it :thumbsup:

Edited by TerryFuchwit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Anyone said:

That is pretty much the harsh reality of it. Jersey and Guernsey are a bit more glamorous with generally better weather. One or two HNWI’s have rocked up here and shortly after decamped to the Channel Islands. Mansell anyone? To be fair to the TT it has probably been responsible for bringing a fair few people to live here.

3 hours ago, Anyone said:

Depends on your definition of lifestyle. Fortunately, not every one is the same... If you truly believe this island is a shit hole I am sorry that you do not have the ways or means to relocate to a place that you would rather live, wherever that maybe.  

4 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

That is pretty much the harsh reality of it. Jersey and Guernsey are a bit more glamorous with generally better weather. One or two HNWI’s have rocked up here and shortly after decamped to the Channel Islands. Mansell anyone? To be fair to the TT it has probably been responsible for bringing a fair few people to live here.

The Jersey HNW scene is quite ostentatious, whereas the IoM sits at the other extreme. Horses for courses I suppose. I personally find the CI's too small and suffocating. Our hills and mountain make the island feel larger and more expansive than it really is.   

• Like 3