Manx SAS wants new play ground

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whether you believe its needed or not they need to be qualified to a certain standard so have to keep up their training on a regular basis. I'm sure if the day comes where someone has to be shot

Sensible? It’s an absolute necessity. one in 28 households on the Isle of Man has access to a firearm, compared to 1 in 76 in the UK. Should an incident similar to the Derrick Bird incident in Cu

Yeah, he’d be locked up for breaching the Covid cordon sanitaire 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The airport fire service isn't at risk of murdering innocent people because they're authoritarian trigger happy lunatics who've never got over some mild ribbing at school.

I wouldn't judge everyone on the MPS case years ago.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I've slightly edited my post.

What kind of evidence is there for a threat on the Isle of Man that police would need assault rifles?

It's absolutely mental. 

The IOM is the only place in the British Isles to still allow semi auto handguns for one thing- there are literally hundreds here, if not more. Let alone the amount of shotguns, or high powered rifles over here. What would you want the police to be equipped with, should someone go off the rails due to drink, crisis, mental health issues etc, and start commencing a Manx Hungerford type scenario down Strand Street? Talk nicely and try and either hit him with a short expandable metal stick, or get him in the eyes with a pepper spray and then wrestle his guns off him? 
I give the police a lot of criticism for which I think they genuinely deserve, but I’m more than happy for them to have the necessary equipment and training to be able to prevent or stop a potential massacre. It hasn’t happened yet (obviously- although not for the wait of a couple of people trying, so I’ve heard), but i’m amazed someone hasn’t been ‘legitimately/legally’ shot by the police yet- unfortunately, it’s only a matter of time, I think. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

What kind of evidence is there for a threat on the Isle of Man that police would need assault rifles?

It's absolutely mental. 

Daphne Caine's 'depose the Chief Minister' Bill might get passed and gets put into action, and Howard might incite all the gun wielding landowners to storm Tynwald wearing bulls horns and that

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Barlow said:

Daphne Caine's 'depose the Chief Minister' Bill might get passed and gets put into action, and Howard might incite all the gun wielding landowners to storm Tynwald wearing bulls horns and that

Sorry I thought that said wearing bullshit !, it still made sense! LOL

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I've slightly edited my post.

It's absolutely mental. 

Trust me. It isn’t 

13 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Is this a published document?

No. For obvious reasons it is restricted and subject to public interest immunity.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

He’d get a very different response today!

Things were different back then, he even had an 8mm handgun to carry as protection in case anyone one fancied their chances of trying to remove it from him, which occurred twice that I know off, there was lots of groups interested in getting their hands on that weapon, he actually give it up in the end as it attracted to much unwanted attention.

2 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

Things were different back then, he even had an 8mm handgun to carry as protection in case anyone one fancied their chances of trying to remove it from him, which occurred twice that I know off, there was lots of groups interested in getting their hands on that weapon, he actually give it up in the end as it attracted to much unwanted attention.

To be fair, he sounds like a giant arsehole with a tiny, very tiny, willy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Beelzebub3 said:

So he carried a gun to protect from someone trying to remove a gun from him...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

I really don't see any reason for a member of the public to own a gun, none what so ever.

This includes farmers

If you want to shoot at a club the guns should be kept there, end of. 

Fair point. I don't think farmers in this day and age need a gun and as you say if someone wants to shoot a gun it should be kept at a gun club.

Why don’t farmers need a gun these days? Aren’t they only used for putting down injured animals when a vet can’t do the job, or protecting livestock from dogs etc? I can see a need there- there’s been countless reports of sheep worrying by dogs the last few years. Not that I’d ever want to see a dog shot myself, but given it’s a farmers livelihood and causes distress/death to the sheep, I think it’s an unfortunate necessity. 

2 hours ago, Augustus said:

To be fair, he sounds like a giant arsehole with a tiny, very tiny, willy.

In fact the man in question was a gentleman to those that knew him, he was also awarded the BEM from ER so he was certainly no arsehole and I never really took much notice of his genitalia so cannot confirm, it was not really cricket! The firearms and certificate were legit as he was a Salmon fisherman and he could legally shoot seal's, mind you if you seen the damage the bastards do to salmon in a net you would shoot the things yourself.

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

I really don't see any reason for a member of the public to own a gun, none what so ever.

This includes farmers

If you want to shoot at a club the guns should be kept there, end of. 

My family all were permit holders for firearms from when they were old enough, my SIL is also an avid gun collector and has several very expensive shotguns which he has invested in. It is a bit difficult to shoot wildlife ie duck's geese pheasant woodcock etc in a club it is a sport same as any outdoor activity while I myself have bothered to keep up with shooting my brothers are still keen.