Thursday evening claps for Health workers all to easily forgotten

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While I applaud all the hard working folk at the DHSC I think that many have never had it so good as far as recompense was concerned I have family members who have earned more since last march than th

He's a relentless self publicist and a very needy man. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/calls-for-1-pay-cap-on-public-sector-wages-to-be-lifted/ Yet there is always money available for a whole pile of other stuff like fleets of minibus

While I applaud all the hard working folk at the DHSC I think that many have never had it so good as far as recompense was concerned I have family members who have earned more since last march than they ever dreamed of, both here on the Island and in the UK. Yes they worked hard for it but ,in return they were well paid and this is across the board including civil service staff who racked up more overtime than ever before. I will not mince my word's but, they have had enough throughout the last year, remember that load's of working folk were living on £240 a week and a lot getting zero wages, while the good old public sector it was business as usual on the 25 day of each month whether you turned in or not, from Mr Cannan's budget I would like to know how much overtime was paid in each department from last march and I bet it is eye watering. If anyone deserve's a pay rise it is the Shop workers, refuse collector's, wagon/van drivers and hospitality staff and many other's who kept this place running without them this place would have ground to a halt are they crying for a payrise? I don't have to answer that. My family member's are both on the front line and I have not heard a murmur from them regarding a pay rise.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

+1. I have rels in the CS who worked a lot of extra hours, often from home too, and certainly did all right out of the situation as regards remuneration. There's one or two new cars on drives now.

You can't argue with the fact that they worked for it and were paid but I doubt that the same could be extended everywhere, there must have been many essentials who worked for little or no extra. Maybe payrises could be targeted in some way?

• Like 1

While the keyworkers were 'putting themselves at risk' and working hard, at least they were able to work and bring in an income. Plenty of us during lockdown couldn't. We're all in it together, as we keep getting reminded.

I see Josem was spouting on Manx Radio about this this morning. Why is he getting airtime? His opinion is about as relevant as my Nan's. And she's dead. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

While the keyworkers were 'putting themselves at risk' and working hard, at least they were able to work and bring in an income. Plenty of us during lockdown couldn't. We're all in it together, as we keep getting reminded.

I see Josem was spouting on Manx Radio about this this morning. Why is he getting airtime? His opinion is about as relevant as my Nan's. And she's dead. 

He's a relentless self publicist and a very needy man. 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

He's fronting the new Manx Taxpayer's Alliance, that's why he gave up chairmanship of LibVan.

28 minutes ago, Max Power said:

He's fronting the new Manx Taxpayer's Alliance, that's why he gave up chairmanship of LibVan.

So, we’re does that lie on the left right political spectrum?

right of Maggie, Attila, Trump, Tea Party, QAnon, Proud Boys?

We should be told.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

FFS

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Weirdly, I’m about to front the new Australian Tax-Payers Alliance.

• Haha 3

The whole clapping thing was kind of stupid anyway, we just imported it from the UK where healthcare workers actually died. So it kind of made more sense for them to do it.

importedImage386377_5?fm=webp&fit=fill&w

7 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Weirdly, I’m about to front the new Australian Tax-Payers Alliance.

Do zero hour assistants, like Josem, at the Co-op even pay tax?

Edited by Kipper99
Just now, Kipper99 said:

Do zero hour assistants at the Co-op even pay tax?

A fair question. But it seems that only a passing association with a topic is enough for Josem to become enmeshed with it.