• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quayle is only 54? That's about a decade less than I had him down for.

PM is still making programmes though. They keep popping up on YouTube. I doubt he's been served with a D-Notice or its Manx equivalent; it sounds like a social media rumour. The whole idea is ridiculo

Dunno,  he's dropped  couple of bombshells recently and has continually got under the triumvirate skin.  He also does very good interviews and discussion panels.  

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

Since we dont have an army or secret service I cant imagine how it could be justified?

me thinks it will be to try and  prevent even further embarrassment to the government.  free speech indeed.

It wouldn't surprise me. Quayle no doubt see's PM as some irritating little upstart. If government have such powers, PM could neither confirm nor deny it. I wouldn't put it past this administration to attempt to silence dissent. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, quilp said:

It wouldn't surprise me. Quayle no doubt see's PM as some irritating little upstart. If government have such powers, PM could neither confirm nor deny it. I wouldn't put it past this administration to attempt to silence dissent. 

You say that like it's a bad thing?

Just looked at IOMTV. Can someone please translate this post from their Twitter account?

ocDu-fIt_bigger.png

Hello this is Iomtvnews To all them lot think we rip off your news story not name any name but some think we do that we are not rip off any of press we are reported same story as you so way some members
Just now, monasqueen said:

Just looked at IOMTV. Can someone please translate this post from their Twitter account?

ocDu-fIt_bigger.png

Hello this is Iomtvnews To all them lot think we rip off your news story not name any name but some think we do that we are not rip off any of press we are reported same story as you so way some members

I think they're saying that some folks are accusing them of ripping off news stories, and that in fact, they're just reporting on the same stories.

But, they seem to be a different entity to Paul Moulton, at least he's legible.

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

I think they're saying that some folks are accusing them of ripping off news stories, and that in fact, they're just reporting on the same stories.

But, they seem to be a different entity to Paul Moulton, at least he's legible.

He went to a good skool did Paul.

Moulton/Isle of Man TV's twitter is just https://twitter.com/paulmoulton, I think these people are unrelated.

D-notices (which technically haven't been called that since 1993) probably cover the Isle of Man as well, but are related to defence and spying issues.  They might well be (and have been) issued to cover up things that might embarrass the security services, they are less likely to be used to stop Quayle and co looking ridiculous.   That might not stop the latter trying to use other legislation (probably incorrectly and incompetently) to suppress news coverage, but that's not how they would do it. 

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

All your base are belong to us.

• Like 1