Boris’s “Douglas Junction”

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He already has the design worked out:

This will definitely happen, just like the airport on the Thames estuary, the 'oven-ready' Brexit deal, the world-beating track and trace, the check's in the post, I won't come in your..

There’s no way they could put a big roundabout ON the island. No bugger would know how to use it. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I always thought the government owns everything 300m below land, even if you own the land above it.

I don't know,  you can retain mining rights, so not sure. 

Its not going to happen but I think it would be great for the island. Residents who fancy a weekend in the highlands can just put the car on the train. There would be umpteen trains a day to all ports so you could just decide at the last minute and turn up.

Same in the other direction, a family in Manchester feels like going on the horse trams so they jump in the car and they are here in an hour. 😉

Hmm in order of things likely to happen:

Americans giving up their guns

Hell freezing over

Return of Jesus Christ

Moorhouse being the next CM

The promenade being finished 

Humanity being around to see the heat death of the universe

This tunnel.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 2/21/2021 at 5:01 PM, The Chief said:

this fucking idiot is getting exactly what he wants, using his buffoonery to distract the DM reading voters from whatever bullshit he's going to spout tomorrow.

The whole MSM has been printing any old bollocks for day to shift attention from Hancock’s recent criminal activities. We’re all being played. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, The Old Git said:

I realise it’s a bonkers idea, but i had trouble sleeping last night and was wondering - 

Given the depth the tunnel would have to be at, would it be even possible to have an exit / entry ramp on the island. The channel tunnel entrances are some distance back from the coast to give a gentle gradient to the tunnel. Is the island big enough to accommodate that?

Have you considered diazepam? 

• Like 1

Absolutely bonkers idea. For a start, anyone burrowing under there woulD have to dig through miles and miles of all the the beer cans the old Steam Packet used to throw out of the back of the vessel for years and years before someone pointed out it probably wasn’t the best method of disposal.

It was once said that instead of navigation equipment, the Master just used to attach a magnet to the bottom of the boat and let it follow all the cans. 😃

@Roger Mexico is surely right about this story being published to make the PM look silly. And couched in those terms - a roundabout under the the Isle Man. It's deliberately farcical.

And look at that map. Can anyone really imagine that there would be a route from both Heysham and Liverpool? That would be like the Channel Tunnel going to both Dover and Folkestone.

• Like 1
On 2/21/2021 at 12:56 PM, pongo said:

It's a brilliantly dopey idea.

But why build the roundabout under the island? That makes no sense. Why not above ground?

I can hear the purists now. "Comeovers.....but....make it easier to get here and the crime rate will go through the roof....". 

12 hours ago, pongo said:

@Roger Mexico is surely right about this story being published to make the PM look silly. And couched in those terms - a roundabout under the the Isle Man. It's deliberately farcical.

And look at that map. Can anyone really imagine that there would be a route from both Heysham and Liverpool? That would be like the Channel Tunnel going to both Dover and Folkestone.

I wonder if in the highly unlikely scenario that if it all went horribly horribly wrong and they hit a huge underground cavern and suddenly St Johns vanished into the earth would Bojo build us a bridge to connect Peel and Douglas

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Chie said:

I wonder if in the highly unlikely scenario that if it all went horribly horribly wrong and they hit a huge underground cavern and suddenly St Johns vanished into the earth would Bojo build us a bridge to connect Peel and Douglas

No doubt a garden bridge.