Boris’s “Douglas Junction”

2 hours ago, Chie said:

I wonder if in the highly unlikely scenario that if it all went horribly horribly wrong and they hit a huge underground cavern and suddenly St Johns vanished into the earth would Bojo build us a bridge to connect Peel and Douglas

Please let that happen when the great and the good are assembled on the hill.....

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He already has the design worked out:

This will definitely happen, just like the airport on the Thames estuary, the 'oven-ready' Brexit deal, the world-beating track and trace, the check's in the post, I won't come in your..

There’s no way they could put a big roundabout ON the island. No bugger would know how to use it. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Better not go near Laxey mines area! There are some mighty caverns there.

And under Douglas Prom. Apparently.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Better not go near Laxey mines area! There are some mighty caverns there.

They could use them for the roundabout itself, save some money on digging a new one.

There are some incredible charts of the old laxey mines on that manx mines website, they were absolutely huge.

• Like 1

>>envisaging not one but three tunnels under the Irish Sea connecting in an “underground roundabout” beneath the Isle of Man.

Since when do trains use roundabouts?

28 minutes ago, Mutley said:

>>envisaging not one but three tunnels under the Irish Sea connecting in an “underground roundabout” beneath the Isle of Man.

The biggest problem with trains would be that the island of Ireland uses a different gauge to Great Britain

4 hours ago, Mutley said:

Better ask Zebedee.

Maybe by the time these tunnels are dug, electric vehicles will be advanced to the point where you could have electric engines on either end of freight/passenger trains that ride on rubber tyres and a road surface rather than rails. Would alleviate a large part of the clean air/oxygen problem.

20 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Maybe by the time these tunnels are dug, electric vehicles will be advanced to the point where you could have electric engines on either end of freight/passenger trains that ride on rubber tyres and a road surface rather than rails. Would alleviate a large part of the clean air/oxygen problem.

We'll have Star Trek type transporters long before this bonkers plan gets treated seriously.

• Haha 1

I'm bagging the Subway,  WH Smith  Wetherspoons and Burger King franchises right now.  ( Although 'roundabout'  loos may be an absolute moneyspinner, if not messy.)

Follow me for my top investment tips.