Jump to content

Good News


Roxanne
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Sun, partial sun, shade? What do they like the best? I’m well up for doing that. Thanks doc. It’s years since I grew veg.

In a field they don't have a choice so my non intellectual thinking is they don't care, however I would say sunshine doesn't hurt them whilst no sun won't help them grow.

Always be sure that the growing tubers are covered else they turn green!

C'mon folk, I'm sure there's someone who knows much more than me about it.

Roxanne, I'm with you on the pleasure of growing your own plants. I never cease to be amazed at the way a mighty plant emerges from a little teeny seed. By the way I'm not a gardening nerd I just enjoy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Perlite is so cheap that rinsing cat wee out off the litter seems a little pointless tbh Quilp. You bored?

It fills the day 😄 Recycling innit. I never need much, a full bucket mixed with 50 litres of compo, for seedlings and shrubs.

I can see it seems a little pointless but it has its merits.

Whilst on the subject of being bored, I sometimes used to moan to my Ma  when I was a kid...

"Ma, I'm bored!"

"D'you know why you're bored Son?"

"No Ma?"

"Because you're boring Son."

Hurt me that did, and ever since then, well: maybe that's got something to do with it. 😁

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/24/2021 at 7:54 AM, Roxanne said:

Is there any?

Been reading through the threads and thought that before I put on my Leonard Cohen LP and sharpen up my Opie I'd just make a plea for some good news.

Anyone? Anywhere?

It's been a real nice day, Blue skies and lots of sunshine, that's fairly good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Full belly, good roof over head, car running okay, all relations and friends in good health, enough cash to keep going, odd maintenance jobs going well, guitar and dulcimer sounding good , (voice not so good), a few more birds getting in garden, feeling of anticipation about growing stuff this year, jab next Monday so all in all, mustn't grumble.

Good vibes to y'all and hope you can share same good fortune.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I had my first ever go at stone balancing last night. I’m now addicted. Brilliant weekend with lots of activity. New connections made with some lovely folks. Laughter was had by all, the kind that hurts your stomach, the best kind. 721DAAF0-8C11-473A-A577-A87AB0593572.thumb.jpeg.a4c63c4e8c1d91e54e41901885a0a240.jpeg

 

 

Edited by Roxanne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

Full belly, good roof over head, car running okay, all relations and friends in good health, enough cash to keep going, odd maintenance jobs going well, guitar and dulcimer sounding good , (voice not so good), a few more birds getting in garden, feeling of anticipation about growing stuff this year, jab next Monday so all in all, mustn't grumble.

Good vibes to y'all and hope you can share same good fortune.

 

That’s lovely Doc. It really is the simple things and I’m convinced that the more grateful we are, the more that comes. A friend said once, why would you get more if you can’t even appreciate what you’ve already got. That stuck with me. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2021 at 8:13 AM, doc.fixit said:

It's odd isn't it how off the cuff, thoughtless comments by parents and teachers stay with you and affect you all your life ?

Big boned with puppy fat, still am :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2021 at 8:13 AM, doc.fixit said:

It's odd isn't it how off the cuff, thoughtless comments by parents and teachers stay with you and affect you all your life ?

True 'doc',  a school report said "Will never amount to much" .Perhaps he was right 🤣, certainly concentrated my mind ,immediately  left school, got a job as a baggage loader at Blackpool Airport ( it's been downhill ever since 🤣 ), few jobs , bit of luck retired at 50 , no complaints 😁 

Someone once said  that the best revenge is to "do well"  and for those who dismissed you as useless to be told by a third party , perhaps they had a point. Jus saying:flowers:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You may have heard of Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin? I went to school with him and we had a particularly foul Headmaster, initials RLC. Along with Bob me and a couple of others were be-littled in front of the whole school. He particularly said to Planty that he would never make a living from music. We all went on to greater things in spite of his pompous comments but the best was Robert Plant who as it says in his biography, took great pleasure in drawing up in his chauffer driven Roller in front of said head's house and knocking on his door and asking if he stood by his previous comments!

n.b. As I said previously I was born in the Island but was taken over to UK when very young although returning to work and live here when I could make my own choices. Thought I'd better get that in before someone picks on me.lol.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, paswt said:

Someone once said  that the best revenge is to "do well"

 I say this often. I assumed I’d invented it. Just fancy, someone once said it in the olden days too. 😃

Sounds as though you rose right about it paswt. That’s nice to hear  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

You may have heard of Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin? I went to school with him and we had a particularly foul Headmaster, initials RLC. Along with Bob me and a couple of others were be-littled in front of the whole school. He particularly said to Planty that he would never make a living from music. We all went on to greater things in spite of his pompous comments but the best was Robert Plant who as it says in his biography, took great pleasure in drawing up in his chauffer driven Roller in front of said head's house and knocking on his door and asking if he stood by his previous comments!

n.b. As I said previously I was born in the Island but was taken over to UK when very young although returning to work and live here when I could make my own choices. Thought I'd better get that in before someone picks on me.lol.

Fab story! I once had a brew with him in a kitchen at a house in Peel after he did a gig at the Villa. He was a lovely chap. His music’s not bad either. ☺️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/26/2021 at 8:38 PM, doc.fixit said:

 

Roxanne, I'm with you on the pleasure of growing your own plants. I never cease to be amazed at the way a mighty plant emerges from a little teeny seed. By the way I'm not a gardening nerd I just enjoy.

When I lived in a van that had a huge dashboard I used the dashboard as a greenhouse. I started off with cacti and succulents but once I hit Europe and North Africa I planted tomatoes l, chillis and peas! I absolutely loved it and so did everyone who stopped to look in. The pots were all held down with Velcro and I used to drive around with them all in place. Not here or the U.K. tho. Not the done thing. Everywhere else didn’t give a monkeys tho. 😃

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...