Spam messages. Please stop reporting messages from Orange 15, Ivsa and Pupyh. They’ve been banned. ×

DOI plan to foil the fumble

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We need a way to stop suicidal people driving off Marine Drive. We could improve mental health services? Nah, let's just close the road off. The people who are likely to walk or cycle o

I remember when it was an open thoroughfare. There have always been accidents up there. People in cars and on motorcycles ending up in hospital. Numerous people in cars ending up in church,

Quite, I noticed this when I first left hospital after my accident, there's no consideration given anywhere to less able people. Where can you stop and sit in Strand Street? Tesco, or Shoprite for tha

Posted Images

I'm sure I remember it being in the newspaper not long after Marine Drive closed (late 70s), that the Royal Engineers offered to fix the failing cliffs for a cost of £100K (materials) - and the IOM government at the time declined.

Anyone else remember that?

To fix that route up for two way traffic again to go to Port Soderick (Or 'Port Sod All' as I would now call it - as their is feck all to go there for) would cost tens of £millions now.

ETA: 1979 - all in here: https://www.tynwald.org.im/business/hansard/19601980/TC-19790320-v0096.pdf

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Do any of the people touting this active travel plan actually look like they do any themselves? 😝

Is there a even a bike rack outside the HOK?

Bill Shimmins is a Mamil & think Baker & possibly Peake 

• Like 1

It seems that walkers have been emboldened by the announcement of the consultation, whilst drivers seem to be staking a claim. Groups of walkers four abreast walking in the roads with no intention of moving out of the way, glaring at car drivers as they pass, are out in force on the Marine Drive today. The lycra louts will soon have them running for cover once they get themselves organised though! 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

It seems that walkers have been emboldened by the announcement of the consultation, whilst drivers seem to be staking a claim. Groups of walkers four abreast walking in the roads with no intention of moving out of the way, glaring at car drivers as they pass, are out in force on the Marine Drive today. The lycra louts will soon have them running for cover once they get themselves organised though! 

That's obstructing a highway...they should be nicked.

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

The lycra mob have been out in force since early this morning. I was held up by a 20mph, three-abreast peloton for nearly 3 miles this morning who despite glancing over their shoulders and being aware that I was behind them (in the car) "declined" to narrow their formation to allow me to pass. These people need educating.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The lycra mob have been out in force since early this morning. I was held up by a 20mph, three-abreast peloton for nearly 3 miles this morning who despite glancing over their shoulders and being aware that I was behind them (in the car) "declined" to narrow their formation to allow me to pass. These people need educating.

Yes indeed, had a similar experience passing a guy in lycra on Bucks Rd this morning. Gave him plenty of room and I was travelling slowly, didn't prevent the hand gestures though.

• Sad 1
5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

i'd say yes they should have let you through but perhaps there's also an issue with the road design and other traffic if you couldn't get past for 3 miles??

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

So when you say 3 abreast, they took over the whole width of the road?