Douglas doesn't look good enough!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been driving along the prom twice a day this week and it is honestly in my opinion worse now than when it was "broken"

Totally , a friend has two businesses down there and he's always very optimistic but he's now at the end of his tether tbh. One shop is just about inaccessable and very little parking while the other

But just imagine if they weren’t. Just imagine that we all came together, without ego or agendas, and came together to create a space as described. Imagine the joy of those who built it and and joy of

Posted Images

3 hours ago, CowMan said:

They’re still there aren’t they? Tucked into that funny old shop next to the Rovers. I saw Pyecroft coming out of there just this week. It does raise an interesting point about how many people Douglas employs to make it look like such an awful dump. 

It's not the quantity it's the qualifications. You have to study for years to come up with this level of mastery of ineffectiveness. No wonder everyone is moving to Braddan.

Consider this. How long has Lake Road site opposite Tesco been a derelict eyesore? 10 years?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

It's not the quantity it's the qualifications. You have to study for years to come up with this level of mastery of ineffectiveness. No wonder everyone is moving to Braddan.

Consider this. How long has Lake Road site opposite Tesco been a derelict eyesore? 10 years?

much easier to charge people for parking on a flat surface than it is to actually build something

15 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Permanent car park

I visited  this lovely  island just over 4 years ago and decided  as a family to move over here and make a new safer life which we all have, but it just seems to me nobody seems to know what they are doing, it is just one calamity  after another you need a to be pulled up by your boot straps and told to get on with it  and stop whingeing  and whining  about everything .

12 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

I visited  this lovely  island just over 4 years ago and decided  as a family to move over here and make a new safer life which we all have, but it just seems to me nobody seems to know what they are doing, it is just one calamity  after another you need a to be pulled up by your boot straps and told to get on with it  and stop whingeing  and whining  about everything .

You speak for our government not us we have the same concerns!

1 minute ago, Billy kettlefish said:

No I speak as a bystander watch a utter shambolic work force twiddling thier thumbs and listening  to people muttering  and moaning about how good it use to be back in the day. Get off your back sides and do something.

Ah I see, been studying the DOI!

6 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

No I am just someone who see's a workforce doing absolutely  nothing , why don't  they finish one part at a time before moving on to dig up and start another part , there isn't  enough workers for that vast amount of work to be done.

We know that, it seems that our DoI don't unfortunately. Short of sabotaging them or getting violent, there's little we can do other than keep pointing out their follies in the hope that someone is listening!

8 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

No what every can is in the next election  is to vote and and get people  in that can get things moving and  motivate folks the IOM is a great place to live, but it could be so so much better with just a little push .

The word you're looking for is vested interests in keeping the status quo.

Edited by finlo
23 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

No I am just someone who see's a workforce doing absolutely  nothing , why don't  they finish one part at a time before moving on to dig up and start another part , there isn't  enough workers for that vast amount of work to be done.

We were told that there would be enough workers though, 60+ at any one time. There are not.

We were told that there were community-swallowing voids underneath that were the justification for it being done in the first instance. There were none.

We've been given progress and completion dates that have continually lapsed.

We have politicians whose good-meaning will and requests for progress have been continually disregarded and ignored.

It doesn't matter who we elect, they're not running the show. Our Treasury Minister is now alluding to this and has proposals to address at least some of it.

To implement this in the face of the edifice concerned will take many years.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
17 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

No what every can is in the next election  is to vote and and get people  in that can get things moving and  motivate folks the IOM is a great place to live, but it could be so so much better with just a little push .

Ah, the clarion call of every election year. You’re new here, you’ll soon learn.

Resistance is futile, assimilation is inevitable

• Like 2
  • Haha 2