Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it’s definitely David Beckham’s fault. Harry came from a normal down to earth family with no delusions of status, importance, or deserving respect.  

He said what we’re all thinking. “Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government”

The whole thing is bollocks from start to finish. A fully produced and scripted interview with each line crafted for effect by Hollywood P.R. agents and lawyers; all directed, choreographed, costumed,

Posted Images

It seems everyday there is some announcement or other on these two (who say they want to be left alone). New roles for him, more gossip about her. 

Now it turns out they have admitted misleading Oprah about having a private wedding beforehand. 

I'll give this marriage another 5 years and then she'll be off again. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Apple said:

It seems everyday there is some announcement or other on these two (who say they want to be left alone). New roles for him, more gossip about her. 

I haven't seen many announcements.  What's your source? 

16 hours ago, Apple said:

Now it turns out they have admitted misleading Oprah about having a private wedding beforehand. 

That claim always struck me as being a little strange but it was plausible. They certainly wouldn't be the only people to have married in relative privacy and then had a more showy affair later. 

Not sure why they decided to make the claim at all.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I haven't seen many announcements.  What's your source? 

That claim always struck me as being a little strange but it was plausible. They certainly wouldn't be the only people to have married in relative privacy and then had a more showy affair later. 

Not sure why they decided to make the claim at all.

 

Im told, Mr Google, that it’s all over MSM and Z lister gossip rags, including your beloved DM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Im told, Mr Google, that it’s all over MSM and Z lister gossip rags, including your beloved DM.

Which is what I suspected...  Gossip rags, tabloid press of course the Daily Wail.  I wonder why that group of organisations would be interested in continuing to report on Harry & Meghan? 

I don't think I had seen anything in The Guardian or BBC but I admittedly have not been going looking for reports on them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

Which is what I suspected...  Gossip rags, tabloid press of course the Daily Wail.  I wonder why that group of organisations would be interested in continuing to report on Harry & Meghan? 

I don't think I had seen anything in The Guardian or BBC but I admittedly have not been going looking for reports on them.

I’m not bothered one way or other. Not watched the Oprah interview. Saw the initial fuss about the “first” wedding. I just thought it would be an exchange of home written vows. Turns out, apparently, it was.

Suppose it’s a logical error for Meghan to make. You don’t need witnesses in 30+ of the (dis)United States. Just the officiant ( the AB of C ) and Harry and Meghan.

In most of Europe and South America you sneak off to the Town Hall, get legally married and then do the church social event later.

Its not a biggie. She’s not been caught out in a lie.

Like you, can’t see why anyone is interested.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Suppose it’s a logical error for Meghan to make. You don’t need witnesses in 30+ of the (dis)United States. Just the officiant ( the AB of C ) and Harry and Meghan.

That is a good point and something that I had not given any thought too.  I suppose we all know and joke about the marriages in Las Vegas but don't really consider that this means that the rules in the US are different from the UK.  

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Like you, can’t see why anyone is interested.

I understand the interest in the allegations of racism made against the monarchy because that has serious implications for the constitutional monarchy.  I have, however, grown tired of various people being wheeled out on either side to support or refute the allegations. 

My suspicion, as I have said before, is that the Royal Family isn't a family as most of us would understand but is in fact an organisation.  The fact that so much of the communication between the various family members seems to go via Royal Aides and Secretaries just reinforces that for me. 

At the end of the day if Harry has got himself a job then shouldn't people be happy or at least satisfied?  Hasn't a lot of the complaints been that he allegedly wants to live off the tax payers money whilst not being a working Royal? 

If all these people who get so upset about Harry and Meghan just stopped buying, clicking on or watching media coverage of them then they would soon drop off the news. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

That is a good point and something that I had not given any thought too.  I suppose we all know and joke about the marriages in Las Vegas but don't really consider that this means that the rules in the US are different from the UK.  

I understand the interest in the allegations of racism made against the monarchy because that has serious implications for the constitutional monarchy.  I have, however, grown tired of various people being wheeled out on either side to support or refute the allegations. 

My suspicion, as I have said before, is that the Royal Family isn't a family as most of us would understand but is in fact an organisation.  The fact that so much of the communication between the various family members seems to go via Royal Aides and Secretaries just reinforces that for me. 

At the end of the day if Harry has got himself a job then shouldn't people be happy or at least satisfied?  Hasn't a lot of the complaints been that he allegedly wants to live off the tax payers money whilst not being a working Royal? 

If all these people who get so upset about Harry and Meghan just stopped buying, clicking on or watching media coverage of them then they would soon drop off the news. 

It’d be interesting to know who asked the question. Whether it’s racist depends on context and words. Is “I wonder if he’ll be a ginger tosser like his dad or have sallow skin like mum” objectively racist. Or is it just bad taste.

About the time the allegations surfaced I was conducting an interview at Police HQ. 3 in the morning. An independent observer was present. The officer was originally from Eastern Europe. Speaks perfect idiomatic but slightly accented English. Better than some advocates and many call centre staff. The  observer interrupted complaining about the accent. Observer spoke with a broad East Lancs accent. 

Was that racist?  I thought long and hard. It was unwarranted. What other purpose, other than unconscious racism, by the observer. There are officers with Scouse, Scots and Welsh accent. Some Londoners. No clearer or intelligible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

If all these people who get so upset about Harry and Meghan just stopped buying, clicking on or watching media coverage of them then they would soon drop off the news. 

I don't think that is going to happen soon....

Quote:- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to be subjects of new Lifetime movie, 'Escaping the Palace'
Rifts with Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince Charles will be featured.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Was that racist?  I thought long and hard. It was unwarranted. What other purpose, other than unconscious racism, by the observer. There are officers with Scouse, Scots and Welsh accent. Some Londoners. No clearer or intelligible.

Did you, by any chance, read the Sunday Times article by Jeremy Clarkson last month on racism and the (now forgotten and never mentioned) many, many English lives that were lost at sea trying to stamp it out? Worth a read.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Apple said:

Did you, by any chance, read the Sunday Times article by Jeremy Clarkson last month on racism and the (now forgotten and never mentioned) many, many English lives that were lost at sea trying to stamp it out? Worth a read.

Thought that was slavery, not racism? But, no. I’d not read anything by that bigoted gammon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, yes it was slavery. If memory serves me right it was in relation to the racism issue in the Royal Family.

Might see if I can dig it out and post some of it (for others to see of course).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Apple said:

I don't think that is going to happen soon....

Quote:- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to be subjects of new Lifetime movie, 'Escaping the Palace'
Rifts with Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince Charles will be featured.

The only reason that they will be making that "movie" is because there is a perceived demand for it.  Personally I won't be watching it because I have no real interest in the Royal Family.  I haven't and won't be watching "The Crown" for that very reason.

21 minutes ago, Apple said:

Sorry, yes it was slavery. If memory serves me right it was in relation to the racism issue in the Royal Family.

Slavery was based on a perceived superiority in most cases so it is linked to racism.  I think the attitudes surfacing today relate to much more recent events and are being driven by people feeling threatened by equality as they see their own opportunities as being eroded.  This of course is not helped by all the politics surrounding asylum seekers and illegal immigrants. 

@John Wright did you see a report recently (in The Guardian I think) about the wearing of wigs in the legal profession?  The summary was that many BAME Lawyers were very supportive of the practice because it clearly identified them as being a Solicitor/Barrister.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...