• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Find it fascinating how much of an uproar this has caused while Prince "He who cannot sweat" is mooching about still noshing a 10" deep dish

He said what we’re all thinking. “Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government”

The whole thing is bollocks from start to finish. A fully produced and scripted interview with each line crafted for effect by Hollywood P.R. agents and lawyers; all directed, choreographed, costumed,

Posted Images

I see a lot of comments online defending the Royal Family and putting forward evidence to support this view such as;

1. The Monarch is Head of the Commonwealth.  The Commonwealth contains a lot of "people of colour" therefore how can the Royal Family be racist (see the Nigel Farage clip earlier for evidence of this argument).

2. The Royal Family interact with the BAME Community on a regular basis.  These are usually examples such as Prince Charles attending a BAME Church earlier this week as part of his Royal duties.

They seem to conveniently forget to mention; 

1. In 2005 Prince Harry had to apologise for wearing a Nazi uniform to a party.  Four years later he then has to issue another apology for using a racial slur to address a friend from the army.  (A lot of supporters of the Royal Family are using these as ammunition against the claims now made by Harry & Meghan by calling him hypocritical).

2. In 2017 Princess Michael of Kent wore a Blackamoor brooch to a Christmas Banquet at which Meghan Markle was present.  In 2018 it emerged Princess Michael of Kent also had two black sheep named Venus and Serena after the two tennis players.  There are also a number of other comments such as telling some dinners to "go back to the colonies" which she strongly denies.

3.  The Duke of Edinburgh...  Now I appreciate that he is very ill and old, however, there is no denying he has a history of making racist statements.

So is Prince William absolutely certain about his comment that his family are "very much not" racists?

(I am deliberately not going to dive into the history of the monarchy, its links with the slave trade, the actions of the empire and colonialism, and its treatment of non-white people in the household for centuries because I know some people here will start complaining that we should not be held accountable for historic events).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You've got to be barking mad to think the Royal Family are racist. Do you even have a clue what real racism is ? Do you really, or is it just some academic construct or surrogate white guilt in your western liberal head ? Go and travel the world if you want to see examples of real racism. Leave the Queen and her family out of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

You've got to be barking mad to think the Royal Family are racist. Do you even have a clue what real racism is ? Do you really, or is it just some academic construct or surrogate white guilt in your western liberal head ? Go and travel the world if you want to see examples of real racism. Leave the Queen and her family out of it.

He hasn’t a clue SMJ

32 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Nice one!

I have just given you several specific examples of where members of the Royal Family (including Harry) have publically apologised for racist comments/actions.  

Do you really want to delve into the ramblings of the Duke of Edinburgh?  Talking to British students in China; "If you stay here much longer you'll all be slitty-eyed".  

But sure you and @Peter Layman can close your eyes to it all whilst complaining about a woman of mixed race supposedly ruining the Royal Family.

You will note that I have not said everyone in the family is a racist or guilty of racism.  I have simply said that Prince Williams assertions that they are "very much not" racist is easily disproved by actions of the members of the family over the years.

Let's face it none of us know what goes on behind closed doors in the Royal Household.  We see the public face, the one that is doing its duty to serve and represent the country.  If the reigning Monarch started to talk like Farage then there would quickly be calls for them to be removed from the throne because of how damaging it would be to the UK.

• Like 1

No doubt behind closed doors they all wear big white pointy hats, play Billie Holiday records, sniff that magnolia breeze, and hang an effigy of Meghan; or sit around in minstrel black-face playing the royal banjo and guffawing at a video of Song of the South on Phil's old VCR player. Perhaps even it's an Uncle Remus fancy dress night with Queenie as de Tar Baby and big Phil hoppin' round the Palace like Brer Rabbit while the kids roll around in mirth on the royal carpet ? 

• Haha 3

@manxman1980 Much is made of the examples of racism which you quote, supposedly committed by the royal family. They are all pretty minor and blown out of all proportion by the media. In the case of the last one, if one of your family was marrying someone of the opposite colour, I'm absolutely sure that you would be asking pretty much the same question within your own family. I don't see that as an inappropriate thing to ask anyone? 

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

@manxman1980 Much is made of the examples of racism which you quote, supposedly committed by the royal family. They are all pretty minor and blown out of all proportion by the media. In the case of the last one, if one of your family was marrying someone of the opposite colour, I'm absolutely sure that you would be asking pretty much the same question within your own family. I don't see that as an inappropriate thing to ask anyone? 

"Opposite colour" :blink:

And no, not really. I have lots of friends who are mixed-race couples. Not really arsed what their babies look like, so long as they have ten fingers and ten toes. No disrespect to anyone with more/fewer.

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

And no, not really. I have lots of friends who are mixed-race couples. Not really arsed what their babies look like, so long as they have ten fingers and ten toes. No disrespect to anyone with more/fewer.

Me too, but like yourself, nobody in my family.

9 minutes ago, HeliX said:

So you Fingerist  and Toeist