1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Sorry you're right about the school which is just inside, it's just that, except for the school and its immediate surroundings, none of the rest of its catchment area is.

We thought Kewaigue was the very ends of the earth when we had to visit to play sports as kids

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whatever else you can say about him, he obviously didn't get anyone else to write his column for him.  Unfortunately.

I hope IOM Newspaper have got a signed contract out of him. 

How long has David Cretney had a column in IoM Newspapers?  Dog Shit It's great to see this political giant giving his opinions of the great unsolved problems of his long career. 

Posted Images

In the latest edition of Cretters Column, David tackles one of the biggest political issues of our time, litter. I find it so stimulating to read these political insights. The last one on dog shit held me spellbound.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=61144&headline=David Cretney column: So few litter prosecutions&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Max Power said:

In the latest edition of Cretters Column, David tackles one of the biggest political issues of our time, litter. I find it so stimulating to read these political insights. The last one on dog shit held me spellbound.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=61144&headline=David Cretney column: So few litter prosecutions&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2021 

The column reflects his political career - an obsession with trivia as he lacks the intellectual capacity to consider more weighty matters.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

The column reflects his political career - an obsession with trivia as he lacks the intellectual capacity to consider more weighty matters.

Must be forthcoming Manx Labour Party policy for the Local and General Election 2021.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, 2112 said:

Must be forthcoming Manx Labour Party policy for the Local and General Election 2021.

I’m not sure it’s that well developed. 

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I texted into the mannin line when he did his retirement interview.

I asked what was his best acheivement in his political career.

The reversing bus noises and erms until a trigger moment he came blurting out

" the refursbishment of pulrose houses" really sumed him up to me,

I wouldn't read his column, as I already read Callister Blog for a laugh

and thats enough utter garbage, I can stand in one week.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Holte End said:

I texted into the mannin line when he did his retirement interview.

I asked what was his best acheivement in his political career.

The reversing bus noises and erms until a trigger moment he came blurting out

" the refursbishment of pulrose houses" really sumed him up to me,

I wouldn't read his column, as I already read Callister Blog for a laugh

and thats enough utter garbage, I can stand in one week.

Only someone as thick as Cretney would do a retirement interview with no achievements to highlight.

Jesus. It’s like the lion’s den in here.

I don’t know anything about the man except his cheery face when he served me in Moochers,or when I saw him out running through the day. I don’t know what kind of politician he was but even if he was the worst, I’m not sure he’s deserving of the bile he’s getting on here.

Maybe writing a column was a life long dream? Maybe the papers begged him to do it. Who knows, but why use all the stuff from his past to judge him in his present. It’s not very fair and it’s not something any of us would wish to happen for ourselves.

I’m going to search for his column now and see what it’s like. I probably should have done that before I offered advice. 😊

• Like 1

Like Roxanne I know nowt about him but he used to (maybe still does) sponsor the New Year's Day fell run which I thought was ok.

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

...but why use all the stuff from his past to judge him in his present. 😊

OK Roxanne - fair enough - I’ll comment on the present; his newspaper column.

It’s poorly-written tedious tripe.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

OK Roxanne - fair enough - I’ll comment on the present; his newspaper column.

It’s poorly-written tedious tripe.

I’ve just read the first one. I’m inclined to agree. Pass me the humble pie.

Is he writing with an agenda - for an organisation? Or is this just his musings?

Either way, I struggled to find the will to get to the end. 

• Like 1

Hang on a minute. He's harboured a desire to create a masterpiece like that all his life, then when he finally gets the opportunity, you completely diss him.

In 70 or a hundred years time people may finally work out the hidden metaphors and give him the respect he deserves for this piece.

I'm looking forward to his free tv licence missive presumably next up.

Edited by the stinking enigma
  • Like 2