Cretter's Column

Max Power

25 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

just a question, are all the IOM beaches closed to dog walkers because Douglas beach had a lot of dog walkers on it today just wondering. 

I think certain parts of Douglas beach are open to dog walkers, north of Switzerland Road. South of that is a no go area.

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think certain parts of Douglas beach are open to dog walkers, north of Switzerland Road. South of that is a no go area.

OK cheers, but I saw dog walkers all the way along the beach, some were entering from the summer land end but most were all along. 

Edited by Billy kettlefish
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Most of Douglas is a no go area!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Last weeks Cret column has aired on the IOM newspapers website. It’s about the duty of individuals to vote. 

Crets premise and argument is encouraging individuals to get out and presumably to vote for the Manx Labour Party. The column is heavily swayed towards the Manx Labour Party with facts, figures and achievements, from bygone areas. If he felt that strongly why didn’t he when he was an MHK and MLC use his influence to enact legislation that made voting mandatory. At least Cret could have had something to say, a record to show. He was a Minister for Fun - what was his achievements or accomplishments?

That may have been a legacy of over 30 years as a MHK and MLC, but sadly I feel that even if there was compulsory voting, would the Manx Labour Party have enough members in the Keys to fill a phonebooth? I doubt it.

Perhaps Cret could look at the State of Strand Street, the Future of Retailing on the Island and ‘what’s the point of Douglas Borough Council’?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

You'd have to find a truly massive phonebooth to fit in all the MLP members

The MLP really pulled out all the stops to get their member elected to Douglas South last year. Speaks volumes for its membership. Also speaks volumes of the leadership and leadership of its previous MHK and MLC, the ‘man you know and trust’. The LibLabVan party were the same, they couldn’t follow in the footsteps of their retiring party leader who was the previous MHK.  I predict 0 seats this year for the Manx Labour Party.  At least the LibLabVan Party will get at least 1 seat. 

10 hours ago, trmpton said:

Haven't read the thread and can't be arsed.

I assume it has already been posted who the MLP are putting forward for Douglas South?

Sarah Maltby in Douglas South

17 hours ago, 2112 said:

The MLP really pulled out all the stops to get their member elected to Douglas South last year. Speaks volumes for its membership. Also speaks volumes of the leadership and leadership of its previous MHK and MLC, the ‘man you know and trust’. The LibLabVan party were the same, they couldn’t follow in the footsteps of their retiring party leader who was the previous MHK.  I predict 0 seats this year for the Manx Labour Party.  At least the LibLabVan Party will get at least 1 seat. 

You know I never even thought about how the LibVan party leader was in Douglas South prior to the election.

If ever there was an example of how party politics isn't a thing on the IOM at the moment

2 minutes ago, Rhumsaa said:

Sarah Maltby in Douglas South

I think she’s got a good chance of getting in with Quine possibly missing out as Christian will get back in.

• Like 1