2 hours ago, piebaps said:

Fair question Gladys. There's quite rightly a dearth of information in the public domain right now. We know she's dead, he's been charged with her murder and that his occupation is a police officer.

Was he a lone predator or as is usually the case in these type of crimes, known to the victim? Random attackers are notoriously difficult to identify whereas assailants known to a victim, are less so. Was he caught by CCTV or an observant member of the public or simply screened out of a list of her known contacts because he had an earlier "incident" on his record (the indecency thing from a couple of weeks earlier).

He was 48 and only been on the job for 2 years. His "diplomatic" duties involved uniform patrols at embassies so its not quite bodyguarding.

Finally, it appears that the protect the women brigade is shooting itself in the foot. Mrs Couzens is getting a backlash!

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/wayne-couzens-wife-living-fear-5168127

Thank you, I was hesitant about posting that, but the are a number of 'funnies' in this that are interesting.  Not that I am a detective or anything, but there seems to be some aspects that are unusual.  Everyone is assuming some sort of sexual motive, but I've not seen that confirmed.  

Terrible that his wife is getting that kind of abuse  but hadn't she been arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice  or something?  Not sure she has been charged.  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost every week on this Island incidences of domestic violence are reported in the media, and those incidences are just the ones which are reported. 95% of those reported cases will be violence agai

I don't really see the point myself, but it's pretty easy to not stand on your doorstep at a certain time while not complaining about others doing so.

Some bright spark on MR today suggesting that the death penalty be reintroduced.  If it doesn’t work to reduce violence against women, after a couple of years it can always be repealed. Not sure

3 minutes ago, quilp said:

My money's on him being a serial killer. 

Any particular reason why? I suspect you're right, just wondering why you think it,.

29 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Any particular reason why? I suspect you're right, just wondering why you think it,.

Method of disposal, for one. Seems likely she was dismembered and he's tried to incinerate her as reports say she could only be identified by her dentals. He probably felt he'd be beyond suspicion owing to his profession. Dismemberment of someone you've just killed takes a certain level of callousness and premeditation. Obviously this is just conjecture and supposition but there's more to come, I'm sure. 

• Like 1
Just now, quilp said:

Method of disposal, for one. Seems likely she was dismembered and he's tried to incinerate her as reports say she could only be identified by her dentals. He probably felt he'd be beyond suspicion owing to his profession. Dismemberment of someone you've just killed takes a certain level of callousness and premeditation. Obviously this is just conjecture and supposition but there's more to come, I'm sure. 

Ah fair enough. I thought so because of the reaction to her going missing. Lots of people go missing, all the time, but straight away there was something going on here. It was shared loudly all over the place for a few days, and although some speculated it was cos she was middle class, pretty and white, I reckon it was cos something else, similar, has happened already and the police were already on some kind of alert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
7 hours ago, Zarley said:

They already have a crystal ball of sorts - pre-employment psychological screening. I know it's widely used in the States, not too sure about the UK/IOM. 

While trying to find out more, I came across this online handbook:

https://www.routledgehandbooks.com/doi/10.4324/9780429264108-1 

The chapter I've linked to is about the history of psychology in policing, including screening tests. 

It is used in the UK in some professions, however, they are not infallible.

I know several people who know precisely how to answer them to get a particular outcome.  Admittedly they have had training in how to administer them but they are not impossible to fool or manipulate. 

• Like 1

@TheTeapot Yeah, definitely think there is more to it, more behind it. If the cops aren't already trying to link him to other disappearances I'd be very surprised. He's probably been responsible for historical attacks, attempted sexual assaults, rapes, and progressed to the ultimate scenario. Serial killers start off small, and at an early age, usually without killing their victims, to begin with. 

13 minutes ago, quilp said:

@TheTeapot Yeah, definitely think there is more to it, more behind it. If the cops aren't already trying to link him to other disappearances I'd be very surprised. He's probably been responsible for historical attacks, attempted sexual assaults, rapes, and progressed to the ultimate scenario. Serial killers start off small, and at an early age, usually without killing their victims, to begin with. 

I think you have a very good point and the quick media appeal for info makes you wonder, that was my first 'funny'.  Also, if this was a one off, would you really try to hide the body transporting it, or taking her alive,  quite a way from the original scene? 

He'd be forensically aware. If other previous attacks were committed by someone the cops assumed was obviously forensically aware it would narrow down the range of suspects; the conclusion being that the suspect was likely someone 'in the job.' Maybe they'd concluded that the perpetrator was operating with same M.O. but with an increasing level of daring and severity in his attacks that would ultimately culminate in murder. That's how it can happen with would-be serial killers. And on that matter, how many women would refuse the offer of an apparently safe lift home from a uniformed cop in a marked vehicle?

There's definitely something unusual going on with this case. They're looking for something in quite a few areas in Kent, some miles away from where she was found or where he lives. Her phone is still missing, but it's hard to believe that's all they're looking for. 

https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/live-sarah-everard-search-updates-5178619 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, quilp said:

He'd be forensically aware. If other previous attacks were committed by someone the cops assumed was obviously forensically aware it would narrow down the range of suspects; the conclusion being that the suspect was likely someone 'in the job.' Maybe they'd concluded that the perpetrator was operating with same M.O. but with an increasing level of daring and severity in his attacks that would ultimately culminate in murder. That's how it can happen with would-be serial killers. And on that matter, how many women would refuse the offer of an apparently safe lift home from a uniformed cop in a marked vehicle?

You know too much about this stuff!:ph34r:

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, HeliX said:

Whilst this is a shocking thing to find out, the failure to root out the problem does a massive disservice to all the hardworking decent Met police