Greenies won't like this

CallMeCurious

So one of the major car groups makes a campaign donation to lobby the government because they've got a load of cars to shift because no-ones been buying during lockdown, problem is said car is in the price range of the fashionable electric cars, here's the answer.

Someone (not the consumer) will be trousering a load of cash for this, green agenda's got nothing to do with it, capitalism has.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56441639

Well the car companies could always reduce their prices by £500.  As I'm sure anytime a cash subsidy is available the prices go up to absorb most of it.

Good to see there is a cap in place too. 

We get no subsidy here so we probably show as nearly zero electric vehicles being registered new on the island. Most are registered in the UK and brought in as a used car.

It may be an admission that we are rushing a technology that isn't quite ready yet?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56441639

Just to make the link work.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The roll out of EV charging points continues. As does accessibility under the Equality Act. Here are the latest at Ramsey swimming pool.

If I had an EV this is simply not accessible by me, or anyone else using a wheelchair.

Calling @Rhumsaa

D8EBC1E3-8ECC-4B27-BA5C-9FEDD261C8FB.jpeg

838F49C5-132C-4C97-9C03-30C57DDB3FF2.jpeg

EC63ACF9-AF74-4208-9F2E-E5A9CBF8F549.jpeg

Unless they're additional ones they've been there years.

Still doesn't make them accessable though.

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

Unless they're additional ones they've been there years.

Still doesn't make them accessable though.

The EV Point is new, I'm pretty sure the junction box and the lamp pole it's feeding have been there since the construction of the pool and its carpark? Presumably they've taken the feed for the new EV Point from the junction box?

1 minute ago, Non-Believer said:

The EV Point is new, I'm pretty sure the junction box and the lamp pole it's feeding have been there since the construction of the pool and its carpark? Presumably they've taken the feed for the new EV Point from the junction box?

There's definitely been EV charging points there as long as there has been in Market Square.

Free too until recently.

Edited by finlo

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

There's definitely been EV charging points there as long as there has been in Market Square.

Free too until recently.

Mebbe it's a new pay type.... ? 💰

49 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The roll out of EV charging points continues. As does accessibility under the Equality Act. Here are the latest at Ramsey swimming pool.

If I had an EV this is simply not accessible by me, or anyone else using a wheelchair.

Calling @Rhumsaa

Yeah, good point.

It's the MUA's little project but I shall have a word with a chap who is on the board at the swimming pool I know to see if they can raise it.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Mebbe it's a new pay type.... ? 💰

the MUA will be transferring over to those and I believe they have to remove and replace the units in order to charge

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Calling @Rhumsaa

As someone with a lot of experience with wheelchairs both sat in and pushing this really saddens me. The island is one of the worst places I have every seen for accessibility.

Its still treated as something that we can get away without doing as its the "Manx way"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

the MUA will be transferring over to those and I believe they have to remove and replace the units in order to charge

Hey Rhumsaa, could one charge ones conveyance for free at one of the many bollards down the quayside asking for a friend.