Jump to content

Greenies won't like this


CallMeCurious
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Raffles said:

You say that as if it's what people actually do. 

I go the recycling bins every 2 or 3 weeks when I have a stack of it.

I live a 2 minute drive from the bins and take the recycling on my way to work or shops etc

Sometimes I walk with a smaller bag of it, if I am passing 

Where's my commercial?

 

Even if everyone did that, and they don’t, then I seriously doubt the recycling banks do as much good as they do harm.

Even just the production and transport of all those bins and wagons would take years to cancel out with the amounts we generate.

I am sure the “environment” as a whole would be better off of the island didn’t recycle and need all the infrastructure associated with it.

Even this thread discussing it is using resources in our homes, in data centres.

I just feel people fail to look at the overall picture.  Everything we do impacts the planet.  Even running a website spouting green policies or people all driving to a meeting about the environment and turning the kettle on while they watch a presentation on a huge screen in a brightly lit air conditioned room.

We just all need to consume less, in every are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should recycle everything you can. Some things are economically worth recycling, somethings are not. DBC claim they make money selling paper to a mill in Wales, I'm not convinced, for an Island our size it may well be better to burn it. When it goes to the incinerator as just paper it attracts a lower gate fee than general rubbish too. This is also why the amenity sites have dedicated cardboard skips, classed as ecofuel at the gate. Glass is pointless to ship away, so turning into aggregate is the best solution, helps cut down on quarrying. Metal is worth recycling, aluminum especially. So keep using the recycling bins and don't be thrown by the haters, I do my clinking walk of shame through the square more regularly than I should.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Even if everyone did that, and they don’t, then I seriously doubt the recycling banks do as much good as they do harm.

Even just the production and transport of all those bins and wagons would take years to cancel out with the amounts we generate.

I am sure the “environment” as a whole would be better off of the island didn’t recycle and need all the infrastructure associated with it.

Even this thread discussing it is using resources in our homes, in data centres.

I just feel people fail to look at the overall picture.  Everything we do impacts the planet.  Even running a website spouting green policies or people all driving to a meeting about the environment and turning the kettle on while they watch a presentation on a huge screen in a brightly lit air conditioned room.

We just all need to consume less, in every are. 

Oh, well if you're sure....🙄

Rubbish is collected by wagon as well, so it makes no difference from an emissions perspective that some waste is collected as recycling.

Idk anyone who doesn't recycle in a similar way I do. Most neighbourhoods have recycling bins within a short walk or drive. Most people are aware that making a special trip just to recycle would be ironic at best and near defeat the purpose at worst. 

You are just too lazy to recycle so trying to justify your own behaviour with 'facts' pulled out of your a-hole.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

So here is a question.

Acod rain? What happened to that?

was it the precursor to global warming and rising sea levels in that it was predicted but then turned out to be nonsense and just went away?

It's like white dog shit, you just don't see it anymore. 

 

Supposedly 'we' fixed it.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190823-can-lessons-from-acid-rain-help-stop-climate-change

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, AlanShimmin said:

It's like white dog shit, you just don't see it anymore. 

 

Supposedly 'we' fixed it.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190823-can-lessons-from-acid-rain-help-stop-climate-change

Ah that’s good.

Guess the same will happen with the current potential disasters as soon as the next doomsday prediction comes along then.

Load of greenie bollocks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Probably Covid deniers and anti Vaxers as well. And cyclists 

Know the type

Where do you think all of the art and social science students, out of work actors, entertainers, circus performers and socialists do with their time between social cheques? Makes me nostalgic for Greenpeace.... what ever happend to them? Wales still being eaten, nuclear waste still being produced....

I've heard one of the 'big ideas' for meeting our CO2 targets (is it 20% now, 20% of what 1970, 1990, 2000 emmisions?) was to turn off the power stations for two days a week. Meanwhile.. China. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Where do you think all of the art and social science students, out of work actors, entertainers, circus performers and socialists do with their time between social cheques?

Apply for jobs created by IoM Govt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...