Petition for emergency phones on Marine Drive

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone on radio said this morning, just keep your Fucking dogs on a lead and they can’t run over a cliff chasing rabbits!!

For balance, I’ll start one for no ‘phones or coverage on Marine Drive.    But I’ll start another for ‘Dogs on leads please - use your fucking common sense’ signs.

Most incidents up there are because of people being stupid and acting like idiots. There's no general public interest argument to put emergency phones on Marine Drive. End of.

Posted Images

For balance, I’ll start one for no ‘phones or coverage on Marine Drive. 

But I’ll start another for ‘Dogs on leads please - use your fucking common sense’ signs.

Edited by x-in-man
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe a decent bit of fencing say 1m high with some Armco beneath.

Offset the cost of it against the cost of a full Lifeboat/Coastguard/Helicopter/Fire/Police/Ambulance service call out every week or two.

Or is that too simple?

For good measure put a CCTV camera on both sides of the entrance to deter fly tippers (before and after photos)

And put a couple of chicanes with concrete planters (you know with priority to the slower side like Tromode) would slow the hoons down too.

• Like 1

A few pounds of semtex distributed along the road, blow it to hell job done no need for phones/fence or other shite. Total cost approx £3000 about 1% of what it would cost to implement all the crap you would like just so you can walk a dog. Your dog your responsibility, unless you wish to pay for it out of your pocket. Why should my tax dollar go on providing amenities for your animals.

21 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Maybe a decent bit of fencing say 1m high with some Armco beneath.

Offset the cost of it against the cost of a full Lifeboat/Coastguard/Helicopter/Fire/Police/Ambulance service call out every week or two.

Or is that too simple?

For good measure put a CCTV camera on both sides of the entrance to deter fly tippers (before and after photos)

And put a couple of chicanes with concrete planters (you know with priority to the slower side like Tromode) would slow the hoons down too.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

A few pounds of semtex distributed along the road, blow it to hell job done no need for phones/fence or other shite. Total cost approx £3000 about 1% of what it would cost to implement all the crap you would like just so you can walk a dog. Your dog your responsibility, unless you wish to pay for it out of your pocket. Why should my tax dollar go on providing amenities for your animals.

I'm not a dog owner LOL. I look forward to your petiton "Demolish Marina Drive (save the dogs)".

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, TerryFuchwit said:

What sort of imbecile lets their dog of its lead anyway on Marine Drive.  Weird.

Although I never have I’d be quite comfortable walking my dog off the lead on Marine Drive.

I guess it comes down to how much control you have over your dog and how well trained it is

This is the era we live in where one off events require taxpayer paid for knee jerk infrastructure 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Can't we just start a petition to stop people with an IQ of less than 80 using Marine Drive?

That’ll rule out all those who walk dogs without leads by cliffs!

• Like 1