Petition for emergency phones on Marine Drive

12 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well according the Manx Radio there were three occupants of the vehicle.  Young folk are so inventive these days.

maybe they were skiing

• Haha 1
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone on radio said this morning, just keep your Fucking dogs on a lead and they can’t run over a cliff chasing rabbits!!

For balance, I’ll start one for no ‘phones or coverage on Marine Drive.    But I’ll start another for ‘Dogs on leads please - use your fucking common sense’ signs.

Most incidents up there are because of people being stupid and acting like idiots. There's no general public interest argument to put emergency phones on Marine Drive. End of.

Posted Images

Personally I will be happy to see road closed from car park as fed up with cars going to fast in the road and pavements are non existent in many parts 

• 1 month later...

Has there been analysis of why this is happening ? It could be that closing the road will just move the problem if the causes aren't clearly understood. I refer to various possible scenarios such as mental health, intoxication, testosterone fuelled boy racers, poor road lineage etc etc. Surely by now someone has an idea about the possible causes.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, asitis said:

Has there been analysis of why this is happening ? It could be that closing the road will just move the problem if the causes aren't clearly understood. I refer to various possible scenarios such as mental health, intoxication, testosterone fuelled boy racers, poor road lineage etc etc. Surely by now someone has an idea about the possible causes.

Yes very odd...was never as bad as this.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, asitis said:

Easy enough to knock the handbrake when parked up and “not paying attention” 

also difficult to fully concentrate on the road if “being distracted” while driving.

Nudge nudge, wink wink.

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Another one last night. Quite sure it will be closed to vehicles soon. 

Frank-Drives-Van-Marine-Drive-Douglas-Isle-of-Man-accident (2).jpg

Frank-Drives-Van-Marine-Drive-Douglas-Isle-of-Man-accident (9).jpg

Bizarre. What sort of speed would you need to end up there? 

I agree with above posts that establishing the reasons for recent incidents is important.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, asitis said:

I refer to various possible scenarios such as mental health, intoxication, testosterone fuelled boy racers, poor road lineage etc etc. Surely by now someone has an idea about the possible causes.

Indications are, all of the above.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

not exactly a typical boy racers car

Back in the day the an good ol' Astramax Van could go faster than a Lotus Esprit:

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

Another one last night. Quite sure it will be closed to vehicles soon. 

Frank-Drives-Van-Marine-Drive-Douglas-Isle-of-Man-accident (2).jpg

Frank-Drives-Van-Marine-Drive-Douglas-Isle-of-Man-accident (9).jpg

Most of the bad ones are at the Cranstal end of the Marine Drive, that can't be closed. 

There's something strange going on here for sure, even when the full road was in use there were never so many cars going over the edge in such a short period, despite crap tyres, brakes and handling!

• Like 2