Is Manxnet Mail still down ....

asitis

Just a FWIW, if you're IT-literate and have your own domain (e.g. plonka.im) you can run hMailServer on a very small Windows system. Of course you'll need a reliable internet, but this cracking software really checks the boxes. I run it on a lowly Intel NUC. This is a good way to avoid mail server problems.

Also I do hope they don't use unpatched Microsoft Exchange - Microsoft Exchange Server attacks: 'They're being hacked faster than we can count', says security company | ZDNet

From the Manx.Net website:

Email

Wednesday 24th March 2021 03:00

Manx Telecom's vendor for the Manx.net mail platform are currently investigating an issue with mail account access. Manx.net customers may experience issues accessing their manx.net mail accounts via webmail and device applications (POP & IMAP). We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please check this page for updates. For further information on this issue, please contact our Customer Experience Team quoting NSN 10960.

Edited by GD4ELI
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, asitis said:

Thanks all didn't want to start fiddling if it's them. Hey ho but we are cutting edge in tech aren't we ?.

Interesting that they have an e-mail vendor, surprising as there are some good commercial solutions which can handle ~25,000 users on a decent PC/server.

If it's down for too long (usually 24 hours or more) and not accepting incoming mail then mails can be (will be) lost.

ETA: Manx.net uses atmail - interesting choice.

Edited by GD4ELI

28 minutes ago, McCallig said:

I do hope Manx telecom are going to be offering some discounts/refunds for this dismal performance?

How very droll...that raised a smile. Of course the CEO will bring you your refund personally.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

I've got a gmail account. I can't remember ever having any issues. I thoroughly recommend it.

Agreed. You can also host your company's e-mail on Google's servers, I did this for a few years and never had a single issue.

• Like 1

It is free for the vast majority of people isn't it? I don't know what people are expecting refunds for.

Anyone who hasn't already switched to Gmail after the numerous manx.net problems over the years can't really complain it is a bit rubbish when we have all known that for 15 years.

As for the people complaining online that they run a business using manx.net emails when your own domain name costs buttons works better and makes you not look like a total amateur......q

• Like 5