Jump to content

Airport.


Billy kettlefish
 Share

Recommended Posts

This seriously needs looking at ASAP.

EVERYONE, including the MHKs that read these threads -  READ THE REVIEWS, IT IS A DISGRACE.

I WILL NOT GIVE MY CARD DETAILS TO THAT CREW AND NOBODY ELSE SHOULD EITHER.

Their card payment system is charging the wrong people and when contacted they told the customer take it up with your bank. It crashes and thinks you have not setup you parking so you get fined. 

The phone number that DOI are saying you can call to pay by cash or for problems is this company's PREMIUM RATE NUMBER, It goes on, the reviews are just too bad to be made up.

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Here's the official press release (Manx Radio removed the Tim Glover quotes to protect the sensitive or easily bored).  It does say: Anyone who doesn’t have a smartphone can pay by calling a number and providing a card payment over the phone, sending a text message, paying online or by asking for assistance at the information desk inside the Isle of Man Airport building.  

Though there's nothing to explain exactly how to do these things and of course the non-app users are likely to be the least tech-savvy.  The whole thing looks like a dog's breakfast and you suspect enforcement will be difficult and confused at best.  The priority is presumably being seen to do something, rather than having something that works well.

You wonder if any research was done at all into a suitable solution. Looking at the user reviews of people using this system, as I said before there is a 97%dissatisfaction. 

Many of the complaints are bordering on unprofessional conduct by the app owner. Extra fees, payment for messages, wrong vehicles being charged, app not working etc etc. They look like a very poor choice and makes you wonder why they are being talked up by the DOI

I certainly wouldn't want to give these people access to my credit cards. Although the Government have given us little option if we want to use the car park for more than an hour disc parking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, emesde said:

Looking at the fees it seems £60 is the maximum. 

Does this mean you can book your car in for 365 days  for £60              If you are a regular user that sounds a good deal. Just over a pound a week.  They obviously aren't investing in "anpr" cameras  to clock cars in and out. I guess they have to have extra staff to monitor disc and check that cars haven't overstayed but hey ho I'm sure this is a well planned operation that will soon pull back the half million pounds they have lost in the last 13 months by not having any system in place🤔

£60 is a bargain, might dump  a few cars in there myself 

Edited by Annoymouse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

£60 is a bargain, might dump  a few cars in there myself 

Better hurry. It'll be full of motor homes in few days at those rates. 😀

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I had heard - not sure if anyone can confirm or otherwise - that the airport effectively forced out on-site operators such as Speedy Park by back-invoicing them for space rents and office rents during the entire COVID period recently?

Despite their businesses being impacted by no flights and then free parking.

Interestingly, I was down there yesterday and noticed the disabled drop off/pick up spaces were full of cars with Speedy Park “Awaiting Collection” danglers on the rear view mirrors. Went in to ask if they genuinely had multiple disabled drivers coming to collect their cars to be told that they were now their spaces but the disabled signs hadn’t been taken down…

Any parking, let alone disabled parking is at a premium at the airport and they do this?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

Either that or does anyone think this whole idiotic situation might be driven by Home Affairs so if they don’t get their own way on border restrictions they can at least track everyone’s trips away via the apps. At least the taxi drivers might now get a bit more business out of drug dealers going to Liverpool so their or their mates parking usage doesn’t register. 

I believe the traditional behaviour in these circumstances is to get a mate to pick you up out of sight of the CCTV and then claim you walked from Ramsey to Anagh Coar.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

The app is free, but they charge a payment processing fee. Think it varies from £1.50 to £3.50.

But they might soon realise down the line that the IOM is outside the capacity of their payment processor and it all gets forced to shut without notice.

I used it in the past. Parking was £3.60. Ringo fee 20p. Texts were 10p.

 

I can't recall why there were SMS fees. The invoice is last year. You can download the invoice in PDF format from within the app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I had heard - not sure if anyone can confirm or otherwise - that the airport effectively forced out on-site operators such as Speedy Park by back-invoicing them for space rents and office rents during the entire COVID period recently?

Despite their businesses being impacted by no flights and then free parking.

Well Speedy Park still seem to be operating - and well aware of the current situation:

image.png.e10764616dd24612d8f6cf653a5c6e9f.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, asitis said:

I get the impression that things are beginning to stir at the airport ! maybe some asses have been kicked.

Something that has needed fixing for 6 months has been fixed this afternoon, it took 30 minutes !

They might be stirring, but nothing has been fixed. The minister has been conned into supporting the worst possible solution to the parking issue. The problems are just starting and I believe he will have to change this decision very soon. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Some Ringo locations allow pre-booking, or with some you pay for a specific amount of time.

 

Others support auto pay using ANPR, so once you're card and number plate are registered you get charged for the time you used automatically

 

Here's an example in their app from a UK location.

 

Who knows whether the airport will support auto pay. It would need ANPR and probably barriers 😄

 

IMG_20220509_193607.thumb.jpg.e1d030cf8ec0807fa4348fa37a0d4ed0.jpg

Edited by snowman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, snowman said:

Some Ringo locations allow pre-booking, or with some you pay for a specific amount of time.

 

Others support auto pay using ANPR, so once you're card and number plate are registered you get charged for the time you used automatically

 

Here's an example in their app from a UK location.

 

Who knows whether the airport will support auto pay. It would need ANPR and probably barriers 😄

 

IMG_20220509_193607.thumb.jpg.e1d030cf8ec0807fa4348fa37a0d4ed0.jpg

No way then will I be using this App if anything like this. Will just get a friend to drop me down , back on the bus , till all the gremlins are ironed out or as likely its binned.

Edited by Numbnuts
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's no gremlins. Different car parks implement the app usage / payment in different ways.

It's very clear in the app and on the car park signs which way it works. Also tells you how busy the cark park is.

I suspect that there won't be any barriers or anpr and that you will need to pay up front on arrival, rather than on exit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with paying on arrival is if the flight is delayed whilst you're in the air you can't quickly add additional time to the parking. That's why auto pay on exit would be better. But for that it requires barriers and anpr. 

 

In fact I'm surprised they haven't decided to change it from surface car park to multi storey and then the barriers would be exposed to rain 👍

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, emesde said:

You wonder if any research was done at all into a suitable solution. Looking at the user reviews of people using this system, as I said before there is a 97%dissatisfaction. 

Many of the complaints are bordering on unprofessional conduct by the app owner. Extra fees, payment for messages, wrong vehicles being charged, app not working etc etc. They look like a very poor choice and makes you wonder why they are being talked up by the DOI

I certainly wouldn't want to give these people access to my credit cards. Although the Government have given us little option if we want to use the car park for more than an hour disc parking. 

What?  Surely not!  Commercial parking companies have such a high ethical reputation.

If I was Crookall I would be trying to put as much distance between myself and this whole shebang as possible.  Talking to people I've been surprised just how indignant and contemptuous people are about the whole airport parking saga - even people who I wouldn't regard as 'political'.  It's something they feel they can understand and realise they could do better themselves.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...