Airport.

Billy kettlefish

33 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

But then let’s not forget every cancelled flight is an emergency SPC ticket bought at a premium last minute rate. We could be dealing with civil servants logic here. 

The Manx air definitely in full swing there OMM!! 😂

Edited by NoTailT

36 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Lets wait and see the SPC figures for this summer. My bet is that they are the substantial benefactor of our Reynolds appalling attempt to manage an airport. 

Fixed for you 

• Like 2

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/more-than-90-using-app-at-airport-car-park-552549

More than 90% of people who have used the car park at the airport have used the new app.

A total of 1,536 people have paid for parking since the system was introduced on May 24.

Of those, 92% have used the RingGo app to pay, with the other methods accounting for the remaining 8%, according to the Department of Infrastructure.

Edited by snowman

18 hours ago, IOM said:

Yes this is a total disgrace. And being an island it is more critical that it is connected any cancellations have a far greater effect . The IOMG should be working with the airlines and holding them to account both EasyJet and Loganair have a lot to answer for . 

You can't "hold to account" two private sector carriers operating under the open skies policy. They will come and go as they please according to the market and their own operational needs, as we are seeing.

The only exception to this depends on what and the size of the Govt subsidy being paid to Loganair; are they giving a reasonable return for what they are receiving?

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

You can't "hold to account" two private sector carriers operating under the open skies policy. They will come and go as they please according to the market and their own operational needs, as we are seeing.

The only exception to this depends on what and the size of the Govt subsidy being paid to Loganair; are they giving a reasonable return for what they are receiving?

From speaking to a Loganair captain there are lots of issues all over, which cause knock on effects here, it is not just Ronaldsway that has problems. Invariably if a flight has to cancel because of tech delay or any other issue, which then brings into play ATC issues it is not truly fair to blame Loganair. Just FWIW.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

The government should be meeting the airlines regularly and ensuring they honour their commitments . It is one of the jobs of the airport director to maintain close working relationships with them . And as you say where they have specific government funding ( patient transfers etc ) then government absolutely should hold them to account . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2022 at 11:34 PM, snowman said:

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/more-than-90-using-app-at-airport-car-park-552549

More than 90% of people who have used the car park at the airport have used the new app.

A total of 1,536 people have paid for parking since the system was introduced on May 24.

Of those, 92% have used the RingGo app to pay, with the other methods accounting for the remaining 8%, according to the Department of Infrastructure.

I wonder what the costs are for using ANPR and driving around the carpark checking numbers every day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like I said before, that's 90% of users. How big a percentage of airport visitors are now using the car park since that daft system started?

It is a crazy waste of money, let's just go back to what was there. Worked fine except for maybe the few go getters who felt it wasted their precious time.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Like I said before, that's 90% of users. How big a percentage of airport visitors are now using the car park since that daft system started?

It is a crazy waste of money, let's just go back to what was there. Worked fine except for maybe the few go getters who felt it wasted their precious time.

I flew back to Ronaldsway on Friday, where Mylchreests had been looking after my car for two weeks. They had 10 envelopes containing keys, awaiting collection, off just the LGW flight, so it looks like they are doing nicely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

I flew back to Ronaldsway on Friday, where Mylchreests had been looking after my car for two weeks. They had 10 envelopes containing keys, awaiting collection, off just the LGW flight, so it looks like they are doing nicely.

What’s the cost for that Nellie?

1 hour ago, Banker said:

What’s the cost for that Nellie?

It was £45 for 16 days. That included a wash and hoover.

In the Airport car park, I'd have paid £60, just to park. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, x-in-man said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62038384

'EasyJet's chief operating officer has resigned after a series of flight cancellations and disruption at the airline in recent weeks'.

Still make feck all difference here thou'.

I travelled with easyJet this weekend. Both slightly delayed takeoffs but made time up in the air and actually landed earlier than the advertised times.