Jump to content

Airport.


Billy kettlefish
 Share

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

But then let’s not forget every cancelled flight is an emergency SPC ticket bought at a premium last minute rate. We could be dealing with civil servants logic here. 

The Manx air definitely in full swing there OMM!! 😂

Edited by NoTailT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Lets wait and see the SPC figures for this summer. My bet is that they are the substantial benefactor of our Reynolds appalling attempt to manage an airport. 

Fixed for you 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/more-than-90-using-app-at-airport-car-park-552549

 

More than 90% of people who have used the car park at the airport have used the new app.

 

A total of 1,536 people have paid for parking since the system was introduced on May 24.

 

Of those, 92% have used the RingGo app to pay, with the other methods accounting for the remaining 8%, according to the Department of Infrastructure.

 
 
Edited by snowman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, IOM said:

Yes this is a total disgrace. And being an island it is more critical that it is connected any cancellations have a far greater effect . The IOMG should be working with the airlines and holding them to account both EasyJet and Loganair have a lot to answer for . 

You can't "hold to account" two private sector carriers operating under the open skies policy. They will come and go as they please according to the market and their own operational needs, as we are seeing.

The only exception to this depends on what and the size of the Govt subsidy being paid to Loganair; are they giving a reasonable return for what they are receiving?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

You can't "hold to account" two private sector carriers operating under the open skies policy. They will come and go as they please according to the market and their own operational needs, as we are seeing.

The only exception to this depends on what and the size of the Govt subsidy being paid to Loganair; are they giving a reasonable return for what they are receiving?

From speaking to a Loganair captain there are lots of issues all over, which cause knock on effects here, it is not just Ronaldsway that has problems. Invariably if a flight has to cancel because of tech delay or any other issue, which then brings into play ATC issues it is not truly fair to blame Loganair. Just FWIW.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

You can't "hold to account" two private sector carriers operating under the open skies policy. They will come and go as they please according to the market and their own operational needs, as we are seeing.

The only exception to this depends on what and the size of the Govt subsidy being paid to Loganair; are they giving a reasonable return for what they are receiving?

The government should be meeting the airlines regularly and ensuring they honour their commitments . It is one of the jobs of the airport director to maintain close working relationships with them . And as you say where they have specific government funding ( patient transfers etc ) then government absolutely should hold them to account . 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2022 at 11:34 PM, snowman said:

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/more-than-90-using-app-at-airport-car-park-552549

 

More than 90% of people who have used the car park at the airport have used the new app.

 

A total of 1,536 people have paid for parking since the system was introduced on May 24.

 

Of those, 92% have used the RingGo app to pay, with the other methods accounting for the remaining 8%, according to the Department of Infrastructure.

 
 

I wonder what the costs are for using ANPR and driving around the carpark checking numbers every day.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like I said before, that's 90% of users. How big a percentage of airport visitors are now using the car park since that daft system started?

It is a crazy waste of money, let's just go back to what was there. Worked fine except for maybe the few go getters who felt it wasted their precious time.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Like I said before, that's 90% of users. How big a percentage of airport visitors are now using the car park since that daft system started?

It is a crazy waste of money, let's just go back to what was there. Worked fine except for maybe the few go getters who felt it wasted their precious time.

I flew back to Ronaldsway on Friday, where Mylchreests had been looking after my car for two weeks. They had 10 envelopes containing keys, awaiting collection, off just the LGW flight, so it looks like they are doing nicely.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

I flew back to Ronaldsway on Friday, where Mylchreests had been looking after my car for two weeks. They had 10 envelopes containing keys, awaiting collection, off just the LGW flight, so it looks like they are doing nicely.

 

What’s the cost for that Nellie?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Banker said:

What’s the cost for that Nellie?

It was £45 for 16 days. That included a wash and hoover.

In the Airport car park, I'd have paid £60, just to park. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, x-in-man said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62038384

 

'EasyJet's chief operating officer has resigned after a series of flight cancellations and disruption at the airline in recent weeks'.

Still make feck all difference here thou'.

 

I travelled with easyJet this weekend. Both slightly delayed takeoffs but made time up in the air and actually landed earlier than the advertised times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...