Airport.

Billy kettlefish

On 7/16/2022 at 1:36 PM, NoTailT said:

If you ask them, no. But having tried a few times, it's very hit and miss if it's open/staffed.

4 minutes ago, snowman said:

End of FebIMG_20220226_192748.thumb.jpg.5e7a68f0cdf0acb7cf5ece16db0e5cec.jpg

End of May. IMG_20220522_085256.thumb.jpg.f2d636eaf5054c2dbc68c3a7a5b8c234.jpg

Not really somewhere you could arrange to meet someone with confidence. ( Rendezvous- get it?)

49 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I'm starting to think investing in tickets on the night Gatwick is a good investment.

Money back plus free hotel room and sustenance costs, plus potential compensation.

It's an interesting idea. Plenty of seats at around £25 and compensation of £220, plus a night in a hotel and dinner. Odds look quite good, on recent performance!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Nellie said:

It's an interesting idea. Plenty of seats at around £25 and compensation of £220, plus a night in a hotel and dinner. Odds look quite good, on recent performance!!

This time next year Rodders...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cheesypeas said:

If they pull the ‘ exceptional circumstances’ card, you’ll get nothing. 

They weren't able to play that card today, or for yesterday's four hour delay, so they must be running out of excuses. That's £145k if those flights were full, and everyone claims, plus HOTAC etc. 

1 hour ago, cheesypeas said:

Refund yeah. Hotel? You’d have to book it yourself and try and claim it back. Food? Doubt it. 

When my recent easyjet got cancelled, their communications specifically told me not to book my own accommodation as they couldn't guarantee it'd be covered. Gatwick staff booked it for us, including breakfast and dinner.

9 hours ago, cheesypeas said:

Refund yeah. Hotel? You’d have to book it yourself and try and claim it back. Food? Doubt it. 

Duty if care applies irrespective of the extraordinary circumstances or not.

It's not hard. This has been in stature since 2004.

1 hour ago, gerremonside said:

Still waiting for recompense after a cancellation on 24th May, so don't hold your breath....

My recent experience:

Easyjet took 4 weeks from date of claim in April to payment 

Loganair took 4 weeks from date of claim in May to payment date

Edited by snowman
spelling

A couple of weeks ago, there was some discussion on here about the cost of extending the Airport opening hours, and whether or not easyJet (and to a lesser degree Loganair) would actually be paying. 

An FoI request was submitted  to try and establish if the extension charges, which are included in the scale of fees on their website, are being invoiced to, and paid by, the airlines requesting the extension. 

A response has been published today here.

https://services.gov.im/freedom-of-information/search    (search Airport and click in response dated 14/7/2022)

It is a full response, but the gist is that all fees and charges accrued between April and June (£70,818) have been invoiced. Around 24% are paid, and the remainder are outstanding. A portion of these are overdue, but it is not possible to break this down. 

But we can conclude, that easyJet and Loganair are being charged, in full for the disruption they are causing.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 7/4/2022 at 10:46 PM, mollag said:

I did try and every option to fit in with my connecting flight, up to two days prior, including using Liverpool was rejected as cancelled also.

Just an update, I had a skeet this morn on EJ site and found there are now flights available for my cancelled dates, I was refunded for the cancelled flights so have re booked, £ 60 cheaper than before but an extra night over in Gatwick--fingers crossed 🤞