Airport.

Billy kettlefish

The airport website is still crêpe. The desperate pleading for advertisers at only £2.50 per year have disappeared - presumably because no-one took them up on their offer.

However there are adverts for workers in the bars - but if you click on the link nothing happens.

So what's the price of a parking ticket there? If it is less than the maximum charge I might try for that.

2 hours ago, asitis said:

He's taken on an absolute shit show at the airport, there isn't one thing I can think of we do well. I wish him well but am willing to bet he's not here for the long haul !

No he’s taken on a covid vaccination centre that feels like it can’t possibly function as an airport again because every member of staff has completely given up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

The airport website is still crêpe. The desperate pleading for advertisers at only £2.50 per year have disappeared - presumably because no-one took them up on their offer.

However there are adverts for workers in the bars - but if you click on the link nothing happens.

So what's the price of a parking ticket there? If it is less than the maximum charge I might try for that.

The airport website was absolutely fine in it's previous form which was basically arrivals/departures, route info and airport facilities. 

1 hour ago, manxfisherman said:

I hope some of the regular travelers on here take the time to talk to him. And then tell us about it.

I spoke to the guy this week. I'll be honest. He seems like a good guy - intelligent, switched on and keen to make improvement. I just hope he hasn't underestimated the size of the problem. 

I've seen too many promising recruits become crushed under the weight and bureaucracy of the Isle of Man Government machine. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Cypman said:

its former glory days

Its former glory days had airlines based here running to set timetables when we knew that the flights to X, Y and Z would be operating as per that timetable come hell and high water.

With Manx/BRAL, BA, Euromanx, flybe and even manx2, you could almost put money on the flight running unless the weather was really bad or there was a technical problem.

With easyjet (especially) and Loganair, certainty of getting on one of their flights is a pipe-dream.

23 minutes ago, Holte End said:

1984673447_ScreenShot2022-09-05at13_07_19.png.c0c8b0ac8fe1600bc131a38e4dcfaecd.png

Isn't Mr Callister a member of DfE ,the department that coordinate the air services with the operators.

Indeed. It's not really DOI, they just handle the logistics and pricing. DFE very much leading the way in discussions and underwriting with airlines.

I said in another thread, how long can the starship effectively run without a Minister to be held accountable?

Edited by NoTailT