Jump to content

Airport.


Billy kettlefish
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, IOM said:

If anyone is in doubt about the frailties of leaving EasyJet to the London market take a look at the winter schedule. With the exception of a Thursday the morning 9.55am flights has gone and on Mondays the first flight off island is 12.25pm Fridays 15.35pm . On Tuesdays and Wednesdays only one evening flight . London needs a better service than this it is not satisfactory connectivity for such an important market . 

If the demand was there so would the flights but agree not much use for business travel 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Banker said:

If the demand was there so would the flights but agree not much use for business travel 

But more could be done to get supply in line with demand . For example if there were only two flights a day Mon-Friday and one on a Sunday to a London premium airport ( Heathrow or London City ) then it would start to make a little more sense . Or find a way to get British Airways City Flyer to overnight a plane and do a morning and evening flight as was being considered before the pandemic  . To leave it all to Gatwick and EasyJet is wrong and will not provide sufficient connectivity . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, asitis said:

He's taken on an absolute shit show at the airport, there isn't one thing I can think of we do well. I wish him well but am willing to bet he's not here for the long haul !

 

Do we necessarily want someone to stay for the long haul though?.

 

 

 

Edited by ellanvannin2010
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The airport website is still crêpe. The desperate pleading for advertisers at only £2.50 per year have disappeared - presumably because no-one took them up on their offer.

However there are adverts for workers in the bars - but if you click on the link nothing happens.

So what's the price of a parking ticket there? If it is less than the maximum charge I might try for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, asitis said:

He's taken on an absolute shit show at the airport, there isn't one thing I can think of we do well. I wish him well but am willing to bet he's not here for the long haul !

No he’s taken on a covid vaccination centre that feels like it can’t possibly function as an airport again because every member of staff has completely given up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

The airport website is still crêpe. The desperate pleading for advertisers at only £2.50 per year have disappeared - presumably because no-one took them up on their offer.

However there are adverts for workers in the bars - but if you click on the link nothing happens.

So what's the price of a parking ticket there? If it is less than the maximum charge I might try for that.

The airport website was absolutely fine in it's previous form which was basically arrivals/departures, route info and airport facilities. 

 

1 hour ago, manxfisherman said:

I hope some of the regular travelers on here take the time to talk to him. And then tell us about it.

I spoke to the guy this week. I'll be honest. He seems like a good guy - intelligent, switched on and keen to make improvement. I just hope he hasn't underestimated the size of the problem. 

I've seen too many promising recruits become crushed under the weight and bureaucracy of the Isle of Man Government machine. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...