Jump to content

Airport.


Billy kettlefish
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

The problem with the Gatwick link we currently have is that EasyJet don't have interline agreements with other airlines. And, even if they did, most long-haul flights are now from Heathrow not Gatwick anyway.

So the consequence is that you can't check bags straight through and if one of the flights is delayed then you're screwed. Taking possible delays into account adds time and expense (going the day before and getting a hotel, having to queue at bag-drop twice, etc) to any long-haul journey.

Loganair have interline agreements so you can get to the US via Manchester, or the Middle East and beyond via Manchester or Birmingham. Aer Lingus coming back helps via Dublin too. Maybe that's enough. I'm not convinced, though.

Did a trip to New York via Dublin with Aer Lingus a few years ago. Went like a dream. Came back from NY to Dublin had half an hours wait at the adjoining gate to get back to the Island

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ringy Rose said:

That's no way to talk about the cat.

No, I'm Jezza Spake. You can have your five pounds.

You should've demanded to be paid in Rubles. The Govt have a great track record in hedging exchange rates.

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, asitis said:

I see Jeremy is at Heathrow again tomorrow with Jet Blue and Ethiopian airlines for his BBC series.

Can anyone tell me as a taxpayer why in hell we pay his salary ? The airport is a shambles.

He should NEVER have been appointed in the first place.  Another government failure. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, asitis said:

I see Jeremy is at Heathrow again tomorrow with Jet Blue and Ethiopian airlines for his BBC series.

Can anyone tell me as a taxpayer why in hell we pay his salary ? The airport is a shambles.

He is. Does he actually get paid by the Manx taxpayer while he’s swanning round Heathrow for the BBC? 

803811B0-606D-43DB-8F60-95F600023EBD.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, asitis said:

I see Jeremy is at Heathrow again tomorrow with Jet Blue and Ethiopian airlines for his BBC series.

Can anyone tell me as a taxpayer why in hell we pay his salary ? The airport is a shambles.

But think how much worse it would be if he was here. 

And people complain they don't get anything for the licence fee!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

He is. Does he actually get paid by the Manx taxpayer while he’s swanning round Heathrow for the BBC? 

803811B0-606D-43DB-8F60-95F600023EBD.jpeg

Perhaps he may slip in the words ‘in the Isle of Man …….. where you can’. Perhaps the Starship Enterprise are hoping his antics will bring in 500,000 tourists this year, and thousands will want to relocate here. Who knows we may get an Ethiopian Bank or two. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Perhaps he may slip in the words ‘in the Isle of Man …….. where you can’. Perhaps the Starship Enterprise are hoping his antics will bring in 500,000 tourists this year, and thousands will want to relocate here. Who knows we may get an Ethiopian Bank or two. 

I’m not sure how long filming takes but I’d be annoyed if we’re paying this wazzock for not running our airport on top of him getting his BBC fee for mincing round Heathrow with a camera crew. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, snowman said:

One assumes he is either on unpaid leave or annual leave. So therefore I dont give a fuck what he does outside of work

But they’re supposed to be short staffed. They needed an interim airport director appointing as they had no bandwidth so how can he get unpaid leave for this? They should be explaining clearly what his status is while he’s working for the BBC while also being a paid employee of IOM Government. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Mr TV personality swans around Heathrow, whilst we have a long known about staffing crisis in ATC which is causing closures, we have a runway which should have been open weeks ago but some clowns forgot to order the lighting, the electric security gates don't work so electronic passes are useless, we are erecting temporary marquees or something like that to house equipment which won't fit in the fire station, I could go on about the state of the airport.

For me he is either deputy director, which begs the question when the chief clown went why wasn't he made director ? I think we all know the answer to that.

We don't need a xxxxxxx media team , what we need is an efficient island airport and flights serving the populace.

FFS my dog could run the place better.

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, asitis said:

So Mr TV personality swans around Heathrow, whilst we have a long known about staffing crisis in ATC which is causing closures, we have a runway which should have been open weeks ago but some clowns forgot to order the lighting, the electric security gates don't work so electronic passes are useless, we are erecting temporary marquees or something like that to house equipment which won't fit in the fire station, I could go on about the state of the airport.

For me he is either deputy director, which begs the question when the chief clown went why wasn't he made director ? I think we all know the answer to that.

We don't need a xxxxxxx media team , what we need is an efficient island airport and flights serving the populace.

FFS my dog could run the place better.

 

Your dog would probably make a good alternative to Chef Minister - could make anymore of a dogs breakfast of things,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Your dog would probably make a good alternative to Chef Minister - could make anymore of a dogs breakfast of things,

Don’t think that is quite fair. 
Give him a bit more time. He’s got a lot to put right. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Your dog would probably make a good alternative to Chef Minister - could make anymore of a dogs breakfast of things,

Current CM isnt the problem. Its the last one that failed miserable. What a legacy he left ! 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, forestboy said:

Don’t think that is quite fair. 
Give him a bit more time. He’s got a lot to put right. 

He is better than Quayle, but only marginally. Alf in particular held the influence and purse strings for the Promenade and Liverpool Landing Stage, but he flunked that one - he was part of the problem as opposed to being part of the solution. Still it’s only taxpayers cash, the cupboard will soon be bare. Mother Hubbard will have nowhere to go. If Alf can actually grow a set and take action on these two issues and send a clear message to the Civil Sevice, then he would gain real respect and be seen as a proper Chief Minister.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...