Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Current CM isnt the problem. Its the last one that failed miserable. What a legacy he left ! 

No argument with that, but I still think Alf sat idly by and did nothing and said nothing. If he sacrificed his position to actively offer constructive criticism and he was dismissed from the role, I would say well done for being honest. Chris Thomas had issues and paid the price. Nobody is prepared to rock the boat or open their mouths for fear of losing out in terms of salary.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, 2112 said:

No argument with that, but I still think Alf sat idly by and did nothing and said nothing. If he sacrificed his position to actively offer constructive criticism and he was dismissed from the role, I would say well done for being honest. Chris Thomas had issues and paid the price. Nobody is prepared to rock the boat or open their mouths for fear of losing out in terms of salary.

I agree with lots of your points and its a mystery to me why when Treasury minister he didnt say more or put his foot down. But tbh who knows how it all works in the higher echelons. Maybe when appointed by Quayle part of the deal was he had  to back him. We will never know I guess.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Douglas2020 said:

35 minutes and counting, stuck on easyjet arrival from belfast, awaiting steps. 

Menzies will have to explain the delay. My guess is they can't handle 3 easyJet flights and a Loganair all at the same time

Edited by snowman

Nice banner still scrolling across the airport website:

"Due to COVID-19, some changes to flights on 01-Jan-22 may be possible, as the Airport will not be opening until 08.30 for aircraft movements. Terminal will open as normal."

I suppose due to COVID-19 no one has been able to update the website 48 hours later either ?

5 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

"Due to COVID-19, some changes to flights on 01-Jan-22 may be possible, as the Airport will not be opening until 08.30 for aircraft movements. Terminal will open as normal."

I suppose due to COVID-19 no one has been able to update the website 48 hours later either ?

The problems at the airport are far deeper and predate Covid 19 by a long way ! The above is just a symptom of a deep malaise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

After the airport website had been updated, but before it was announced in the press, I used an Internet search to find the airport website. That page came up, but it looked to me like one of those semi-scam sites that are set to have a near-likeness to the real URL and try to steal the trade. I did this 3 for four times before realising that what I was seeing was the real thing.

My son (who knows a fair bit about this software stuff) visited at Christmas. I brought up the webpage to show him but before I could say anything he said "That looks like one of those scam websites".

It is just a matter of taste, I suppose. It reminds me of the alleged comment made by Dolly Parton - "It costs a great deal of money to look this cheap".

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

"It costs a great deal of money to look this cheap".

We've discovered the ethos behind the DOI...

• Haha 1

Flew out on the Easy MAN. Was close enough at the gate to hear the chatter on the radios of the gate staff.  Hats off to the Menzies staff- numerous flights were off schedule, multiple people needing special assistance for every flight, and numerous staff off isolating.

At departure time whilst sat onboard ( at the front) they were still missing over 70 people stuck in security. 

To me - the airport infrastructure is not equipped to handle multiple easyJet flights at same time, not helped with so many staff off isolating. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

After the airport website had been updated, but before it was announced in the press, I used an Internet search to find the airport website. That page came up, but it looked to me like one of those semi-scam sites that are set to have a near-likeness to the real URL and try to steal the trade. I did this 3 for four times before realising that what I was seeing was the real thing.

My son (who knows a fair bit about this software stuff) visited at Christmas. I brought up the webpage to show him but before I could say anything he said "That looks like one of those scam websites".

It is just a matter of taste, I suppose. It reminds me of the alleged comment made by Dolly Parton - "It costs a great deal of money to look this cheap".

£25,000 of taxpayers’ money to look that cheap as was revealed in a recent FOI request.

• Thanks 1

... The information I was looking for was what flights to England there were on a particular day of the week. It did not matter to me whether it was Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol or Luton. But that information is not available.

Nice pictures, though.