Jump to content

Airport.


Billy kettlefish
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Who the hell actually thought that emplying this muppet would benefit in any shape or form the Airport. Seriously our recruitment and personel handling it need binned.   

I genuinely read that as "emptying" and had a second's hope.

A lot of us pointed out when he was appointed that he seemed to have no valid qualifications or experience (and the fact he hasn't been made interim Director rather confirms the lack of qualifications).  As with so many other DoI appointments, you can only assume they wanted to recruit a proven bullshitter who could be guaranteed to  lack even the minimal competence in the actual job that might show up the rest of the management.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, asitis said:

He's the farce of Manx Aviation ......

Lets face it , he's a senior person down there , the airport is a mess , the baggage trolleys are not fit for purpose , the barriers on the car parks havent worked for months , revenue stream anyone !!, the baggage and security have big issues as have the ATC . Yes I know it cant all be heaped on him but hes a big cog in a very broken chain and I dont see anything getting any better any time soon. And he seemingly cares more about his reality tv appearances than his real job. In my opinion hes useless at both. Ohhh and the failure of the arrival of the landing lights . !! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Lets face it , he's a senior person down there , the airport is a mess , the baggage trolleys are not fit for purpose , the barriers on the car parks havent worked for months , revenue stream anyone !!, the baggage and security have big issues as have the ATC . Yes I know it cant all be heaped on him but hes a big cog in a very broken chain and I dont see anything getting any better any time soon. And he seemingly cares more about his reality tv appearances than his real job. In my opinion hes useless at both. 

The whole management team need to be made redundant with immediate effect. 

Bring in a private company with a proven track record of running airports. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, James Blonde said:

The whole management team need to be made redundant with immediate effect. 

Bring in a private company with a proven track record of running airports. 

I'm not sure a private company would want the place, because of our location there are not too many ways they could make money. It needs a wholesale clear out and running properly , it is a vital link in the same way the port is but could be run much more efficiently than it is now. The recruiting of a new director has gone a bit quiet, I sincerely hope this time they get someone who has a clue ! that has been the problem !!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, asitis said:

I'm not sure a private company would want the place, because of our location there are not too many ways they could make money. It needs a wholesale clear out and running properly , it is a vital link in the same way the port is but could be run much more efficiently than it is now. The recruiting of a new director has gone a bit quiet, I sincerely hope this time they get someone who has a clue ! that has been the problem !!

Heard yesterday that the current acting Director was actually a aitport fire training instructor in the UK . A friend ,ex airport fireman , said the guy ran his course when he did it. Others on here will know more background I'm sure. Not ideal qualifications for running the whole airport I woukdnt have thought. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, asitis said:

I'm not sure a private company would want the place, because of our location there are not too many ways they could make money. It needs a wholesale clear out and running properly , it is a vital link in the same way the port is but could be run much more efficiently than it is now. The recruiting of a new director has gone a bit quiet, I sincerely hope this time they get someone who has a clue ! that has been the problem !!

Ground handling at the airport is provided by Menzies which is part of the bigger UK company. So there is a precedent there just not quite on the same scale. 

The Airport is a prime example of the Government's tolerance of failure, ineptitude and mediocrity. 

Bring in a private operator on a 3 - 5 year contract with clearly defined performance parameters and expectations. Make sure the contract is watertight with penalties for failure to deliver.  Sack off the whole management structure and offload public sector pension liabilities while they're at it. 

The wholesale ownership of the airport would obviously be retained by Government, but there is zero reason why Government need to be 'running' it. 

It's time Crookall started coming forward with some clear concrete proposals on how to turn around the failing DOI.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problems all started (2006) when Government wanted Heathrow on Sea, serviced by large shiny jets. They found it difficult to convince those members of the public who were not on hallucinogenic drugs, that the local population was ever going to provide 2 to 2.5 million passengers a year for revenue, and hence many had reservations. The Brown administration needed a Champions League Class bullshitter, to chivvy along those parsimonious pesky people who had reservations, and so the Ginger one was employed to sell the dream ! Of course when they were given a report telling them the unbridled truth about the proposals, it was dismissed as merely background noise. The spending began .... to perhaps what 100 million today ? and where are we ? exactly in the position the 2006 report said we would be. This is appropriate .......

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, asitis said:

The problems all started (2006) when Government wanted Heathrow on Sea, serviced by large shiny jets. They found it difficult to convince those members of the public who were not on hallucinogenic drugs, that the local population was ever going to provide 2 to 2.5 million passengers a year for revenue, and hence many had reservations. The Brown administration needed a Champions League Class bullshitter, to chivvy along those parsimonious pesky people who had reservations, and so the Ginger one was employed to sell the dream ! Of course when they were given a report telling them the unbridled truth about the proposals, it was dismissed as merely background noise. The spending began .... to perhaps what 100 million today ? and where are we ? exactly in the position the 2006 report said we would be. This is appropriate .......

 

Sounds about right.

I have had dealings with both the Ginger one and Long Shanks and they both displayed the "Shouty Bully" type personality that for some  reason seems to get priority in the CS here.

From what I know from their "underlings" (THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY DO THE WORK) its not worth the grief of challenging these BULLY types in gov/ CS.

Why would you? If you are CS?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

They could provide an honesty box. I think it works for Gellings eggs in Baldrine

Or they could just get it fixed as most intelligent people would do. Its been out of action for months . A honesty box at a National airport !?? . Your having a laugh right ?  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...