Jump to content

Airport.


Billy kettlefish
 Share

Recommended Posts

A recent Have your Say Assessment by employees across the IOM Govt delivered some interesting results with the subject being Leadership. I am told the airport division of DOI had the lowest, most dismal results by a country mile. In plain English, they think their managers are shit and don't give a shit about them. No wonder the place is a shambles.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Or they could just get it fixed as most intelligent people would do. Its been out of action for months . A honesty box at a National airport !?? . Your having a laugh right ?  

It’s unfortunate that it’s been out of action for so long but why not? It’s not a laugh.

The principle is just the same.

The lost revenue has to be recovered somehow You know you have to pay for your parking.

Well I don’t know about you but I’m an honest person. I would have put some money in

If Shoprite tills were down due to some technical malfunction would you be OK just walking out with your shopping without paying?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It’s unfortunate that it’s been out of action for so long but why not? It’s not a laugh.

The principle is just the same.

The lost revenue has to be recovered somehow You know you have to pay for your parking.

Well I don’t know about you but I’m an honest person. I would have put some money in

If Shoprite tills were down due to some technical malfunction would you be OK just walking out with your shopping without paying?

I'm very honest too but not sure not bailing out government infrastructure would be dishonest. As I said , why not as a alternative idea , just fix it or replace it. The Airport actually tells you just to park and ignore payment rules. Surprisingly noting your Voice of Reason name it seems in this case you've lost that honour . Maybe you've turned over to the darkside ! . And as for the Shoprite analogy , thats nonsense , apples and pears .  

Edited by Numbnuts
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They stopped charging for parking cos of covid, and have left it like that because while you can now go into the airport and wait they'd prefer you to stay in your car, but can't charge you to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

They stopped charging for parking cos of covid, and have left it like that because while you can now go into the airport and wait they'd prefer you to stay in your car, but can't charge you to do that.

The barriers are broke apparently . Need parts .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I'm very honest too but not sure not bailing out government infrastructure would be dishonest. As I said , why not as a alternative idea , just fix it or replace it. The Airport actually tells you just to park and ignore payment rules. Surprisingly noting your Voice of Reason name it seems in this case you've lost that honour . Maybe you've turned over to the darkside ! . And as for the Shoprite analogy , thats nonsense , apples and pears .  

You’re not bailing out government infrastructure, just paying unto Caesar what is due to Caesar as Jesus instructed.

The parking fees lost ( thousands of pounds I would imagine) would maybe help in some small way in alleviating the poverty issue discussed in another thread.

I think the Shoprite anology is perfectly valid, In both cases you are getting something you should pay for for nothing and someone, be it the Government or Shoprite are losing out. How is that nonsense.? I’d like to hear your explanation.

My user name remains unblemished.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

 

I think the Shoprite anology is perfectly valid, In both cases you are getting something you should pay for for nothing and someone, be it the Government or Shoprite are losing out. How is that nonsense.? I’d like to hear your explanation.

My user name remains unblemished.

You wouldn't be allowed to leave the store if you didnt pay. Its a private company. The airport car park belongs to the Manx nation who DOI have decreed they will charge to park on it. If they cant be arsed to fix the barriers then thats down to them.

Ohhh in my view its so not unblemished now !    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

You wouldn't be allowed to leave the store if you didnt pay. Its a private company. The airport car park belongs to the Manx nation who DOI have decreed they will charge to park on it. If they cant be arsed to fix the barriers then thats down to them.

Ohhh in my view its so not unblemished now !    

Hang on a minute. It’s hardly the case they can’t be arsed to fix the barriers, you yourself a few posts ago said they couldn’t get the parts. Which is it ?

My username has now been enhanced by this exchange.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Hang on a minute. It’s hardly the case they can’t be arsed to fix the barriers, you yourself a few posts ago said they couldn’t get the parts. Which is it ?

My username has now been enhanced by this exchange.

If they cant be arsed ..!!! Get new !! Either way after months and months !! 

The barriers are broke apparently . Need parts . My quote , stop being selective with my quotes ! 

In your diminished opinion 

Edited by Numbnuts
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2021 at 6:07 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Well according to that very Sky News article:

Planned re-signalling work at London Victoria had already resulted in most Southern trains due to serve the station between 27 December and 3 January being diverted to run to and from London Bridge.

This was timed to coincide with the festive period when demand for travel is low.

Since you had originally claimed:

No Gatwick Express or Southern train services into London Victoria due to staff shortages. Largely down to staff absence arising from the virus but it’s been quite a common issue for several years on that route

I was just pointing out that that wasn't the case currently - what's happened is that Southern have extended that for some days because of Covid's effect on staffing (and I suspect demand).

 

 

See below do you still think it’s engineering works ? 
 

Due to the ongoing effect of coronavirus isolation and sickness, there will be no Gatwick Express services until further notice.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BA announces new London City summer flights: none for us but yes for the Channel:

 

  • Guernsey, two flights per week – 20th June to 2nd September, Mon and Fri
  • Jersey, two flights per week – 20th June to 2nd September, Mon and Fri

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mikimoto said:

BA announces new London City summer flights: none for us but yes for the Channel:

 

  • Guernsey, two flights per week – 20th June to 2nd September, Mon and Fri
  • Jersey, two flights per week – 20th June to 2nd September, Mon and Fri

 

There won't be any for us. The IOM has zero appeal to the BA target market. Channel Islands has much more to offer and better weather. 

Strange, when you look at things to do in Jersey not one mention of heritage on their main page! They know how to market themselves.

 

image.png.5eaf6edafb157af7c61e8ea4c91c12c4.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...