The ongoing protests by Muslims in Batley over a teacher showing pupils a picture of Mohammed seem to be going nowhere. Nothing will calm down the protesters, they are now saying that the school isn't taking it seriously enough by only suspending the teacher. They are demanding his sacking and an inquiry in which they are represented. 

However ill advised the teachers actions, he was breaking no laws in the UK and was indeed following the national curriculum. It also seems that the Koran has no specific mention with regard to pictures of Allah or Mohammed being displayed. It seems to all be in the interpretation of certain passages.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-30813742?__twitter_impression=true

I only hope that this doesn't escalate into the usual madness, I fear that it will unfortunately as we are dealing with people with legendary intolerance!  

• Like 1

Britain is used to be a liberal democracy where people can respectfully disagree. It's the free market of ideas. If anyone doesn't like it they know what they can do. I'm reminded of the headteacher in Bradford, Ray Honeyford, who was hounded out of his job in the 1980s by leftists and the local Muslim community.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

All religious people are fucking stupid. 

Amen to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 3/27/2021 at 1:40 PM, Max Power said:

The ongoing protests by Muslims in Batley over a teacher showing pupils a picture of Mohammed seem to be going nowhere. Nothing will calm down the protesters, they are now saying that the school isn't taking it seriously enough by only suspending the teacher. They are demanding his sacking and an inquiry in which they are represented. 

However ill advised the teachers actions, he was breaking no laws in the UK and was indeed following the national curriculum. It also seems that the Koran has no specific mention with regard to pictures of Allah or Mohammed being displayed. It seems to all be in the interpretation of certain passages.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-europe-30813742?__twitter_impression=true

I only hope that this doesn't escalate into the usual madness, I fear that it will unfortunately as we are dealing with people with legendary intolerance!  

This is a serious issue. I’m totally against Islamophobia and xenophobia, but Muslims and foreigners need to adapt to our culture and way of living.

18 minutes ago, N3Wzk0nzum3r said:

This is a serious issue. I’m totally against Islamophobia and xenophobia, but Muslims and foreigners need to adapt to our culture and way of living.

Unfortunately that isn't their aim at all. It seems that they use every perceived slight as blasphemy and an insult, and use it to give the impression that Muslims are under attack which perpetuates their cause and justifies violent repercussions. It seems that the Koran doesn't ban pictorial representations of Allah or the Prophet either!

• Like 1

People deliberately winding up the religious nutters is dumb too. It's like poking a nest of snakes.

But it's equally bad in much of the US with freedom loving, gun carrying Christian nutters. Insult God or start taking about women's right to an abortion and you'll be dealing with exactly the same kind of stupid.

2 hours ago, pongo said:

People deliberately winding up the religious nutters is dumb too. It's like poking a nest of snakes.

But it's equally bad in much of the US with freedom loving, gun carrying Christian nutters. Insult God or start taking about women's right to an abortion and you'll be dealing with exactly the same kind of stupid.

For the record, who was winding up the nutters?

On 3/27/2021 at 6:49 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

he first mugs to fall foul of Apple Terms and Conditions.

...don't start blaming me !

• Like 1