3,000 patients awaiting endoscopy procedure!

2 hours ago, Apple said:

Again, from memory, didn't he have a senior manager moved out of their office whilst they were away on annual leave without telling them. Dirty trick.

Common  knowledge, I believe.

Apparently, the person returned from holiday to find all their belongings in black bags on the corridor outside their locked office after receiving  a call with details of their “new”  posting on their way to work.Their punishment for not being sufficiently subservient.

Edited by hampsterkahn
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Public Sector is full of these types. Pushy, arrogant, competitive, self-confident, bullies etc. They dominate at interview and come over as highly capable and assured. You don't get to the top in

Fortunately....The new managers at Manx Care will sort all these problems out 

Longworth was doing endoscopies? 

The Public Sector is full of these types. Pushy, arrogant, competitive, self-confident, bullies etc. They dominate at interview and come over as highly capable and assured. You don't get to the top in many professions without being an asshole. All the management jargon and bullshit in recent decades has sifted out the best and replaced them with the worst. Our systems protect and maintain them in post long after they'd be moved on in the U.K.   

• Like 9
On 4/3/2021 at 2:00 PM, Max Power said:

I can't see them ever catching up here, people are going to die for certain. I am amongst this ever growing happy band of waiters, the true death toll of Covid-19 will never be known!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/3000-patients-waiting-for-endoscopy-procedure/

The consequential deaths arising from Covid will far out number those associated with the virus itself.

We all knew that.

These deaths are only a small part of a very sorry tale indeed. 

• Like 2
On 4/5/2021 at 9:34 PM, Shake me up Judy said:

The Public Sector is full of these types. Pushy, arrogant, competitive, self-confident, bullies etc. They dominate at interview and come over as highly capable and assured. You don't get to the top in many professions without being an asshole. All the management jargon and bullshit in recent decades has sifted out the best and replaced them with the worst. Our systems protect and maintain them in post long after they'd be moved on in the U.K.   

There's a very old saying in relation to some sectors, which I first heard many years ago across, which involves people being "promoted into incompetence". This included the police force.

It is extremely difficult in some areas of work to get rid of someone who should never have been recruited in the first place, and if you are incapable of sacking them.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

There's a very old saying in relation to some sectors, which I first heard many years ago across, which involves people being "promoted into incompetence". This included the police force.

It is extremely difficult in some areas of work to get rid of someone who should never have been recruited in the first place, and if you are incapable of sacking them.

The Dilbert principle is a concept in management developed by Scott Adams, creator of the comic strip Dilbert, which states that companies tend to systematically promote incompetent employees to management to get them out of the workflow. The Dilbert principle is inspired by the Peter principle, which holds that employees are promoted based on success in their current position until they reach their "level of incompetence" and are no longer promoted. Under the Dilbert principle, employees who were never competent are promoted to management to limit the damage they can do. Adams first explained the principle in a 1995 Wall Street Journal article, and expanded upon it in his 1996 business book The Dilbert Principle.

• Like 1

It was many years before that, even, that the principal was well known. I was certainly aware of it 50 years ago, and it was "old hat" then.

Was told years ago that this was the exact reason Alan Bell became CM . Allegedly thinking was it was easier to control and keep an eye on him then.   

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

Back to endoscopy.

If the perceived need is high, you will get a very quick appointment. This is based on recent family experience. 

Various opinion sometimes paints Nobles in a poor light. Our experience was completely the opposite and having worked in various hospitals (inc military) a fair few years ago, I think I can make a reasonable judgement.

Covid has made all medical care more difficult but our recent experience at Nobles was mighty impressive.👍

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Back to endoscopy.

If the perceived need is high, you will get a very quick appointment. This is based on recent family experience. 

Various opinion sometimes paints Nobles in a poor light. Our experience was completely the opposite and having worked in various hospitals (inc military) a fair few years ago, I think I can make a reasonable judgement.

Covid has made all medical care more difficult but our recent experience at Nobles was mighty impressive.👍

The impression I got pre-COVID was that there wasn't, or at least there didn't seem to be, the same level of consistency throughout the organisation, for whatever reason. It just doesn't seem to be joined up, if that makes sense. The picture you paint above for endoscopy cannot be said for other departments; ophthalmology, orthopaedics. Those are two departments that I know that close relatives have had issues with, ie urgency (there is another that concerns me personally but won't refer to that for the time being).

I don't know what it is about the process management at Nobles but some departments seem to be able to come up trumps on a regular basis but others (from the outside looking in at least) seem not to come up to the mark.  

12 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

Glad for that. Urgent cases are being processed I am told. 

@Andy Onchan Shout up, complain, badger people, email Theresa Cope. (nicely of course). We can help set the pace and the tone for Manx Care by letting them know from day 1 what we need from them. They can only act when they are made aware when things are not happening as they should.

Good luck with your own issue.