4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Amount  of buses we have we can cope with a swallow or two 

One swallow does not a summer make. Even if it's a bus and the summer of 2022.

• Haha 3
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All new capital works should've been put on hold until completion of the promenade and any other existing schemes. This is someone's new baby, a nice shiny new project, untarnished by past cock-ups an

Massive voids under it, could swallow a whole bus.

my guess is a ford to drive through.

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The whole question with the Pulrose Bridge project is, what is the benefit of it being replaced to the town, is it about to collapse, does it need replacing at all?

The cost and the time are just too expensive and too long. Check out costs and speed of build in other countries.

• Like 2

All new capital works should've been put on hold until completion of the promenade and any other existing schemes. This is someone's new baby, a nice shiny new project, untarnished by past cock-ups and failure, and it involves millions in new capital spend. The promenade scheme is now a busted flush; another grandiose scheme that got away from them; mired in incompetence and chronic overspend. It only remains to bodge it and fix it till the next lot have to dig it all up again. Baker will carry the can for that, not the suits at the DOI. In a couple of years they'll all have moved on or been promoted/pensioned off - and he'll be playing more table tennis.  

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Max Power said:

The whole question with the Pulrose Bridge project is, what is the benefit of it being replaced to the town, is it about to collapse, does it need replacing at all?

Improvement in river flow - reducing flood risk

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

All new capital works should've been put on hold until completion of the promenade and any other existing schemes. This is someone's new baby, a nice shiny new project, untarnished by past cock-ups and failure, and it involves millions in new capital spend. The promenade scheme is now a busted flush; another grandiose scheme that got away from them; mired in incompetence and chronic overspend. It only remains to bodge it and fix it till the next lot have to dig it all up again. Baker will carry the can for that, not the suits at the DOI. In a couple of years they'll all have moved on or been promoted/pensioned off - and he'll be playing more table tennis.  

Makes me wonder if the DOI get bored with jobs or lose interest if they're not going well so they just decide to go and start something else? Seems that way sometimes.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, kevster said:

Improvement in river flow - reducing flood risk

What?

Are they widening the river or making it deeper? Surely that can be done without the disruption and cost of this carry on?

35 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Makes me wonder if the DOI get bored with jobs or lose interest if they're not going well so they just decide to go and start something else? Seems that way sometimes.

More like these so called 'experts' are sitting in their offices and have to dream up schemes to justify their employment I'd say. I mean only so much input needed in filling potholes and other such menial tasks . Remember we have highly skilled individuals in their field employed in DOI !! 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Max Power said:

What?

Are they widening the river or making it deeper? Surely that can be done without the disruption and cost of this carry on?

HaHa. How do you do that. The bridge is the obstruction. The opening under the bridge is too small and causes water to back up the river. It acts like a dam. It's in danger of washing away.

9 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

HaHa. How do you do that. The bridge is the obstruction. The opening under the bridge is too small and causes water to back up the river. It acts like a dam. It's in danger of washing away.

The bridge is the width of the river, how wide will it be afterwards? At the moment the river floods on both sides of the bridge on occasion.

Edited by Max Power
4 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Will he still be around in 2022?

Oh yes. The Jesus shaggers of Ayre won’t hesitate to elect one of their own. Competence is irrelevant.

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Max Power said:

The bridge is the width of the river, how wide will it be afterwards? At the moment the river floods on both sides of the bridge on occasion.

It's the height as well as the width. I think the new one is much wider and a bit higher. It's also the structural strength of the old bridge that is an issue. I believe it's been an issue for years and we should be berating the DOI for taking so long to do it rather than actually doing it!

It caused the NSC to flood and partially the power station 2016? Apparently it was touch and go that the bridge could have gone over

34 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Oh yes. The Jesus shaggers of Ayre won’t hesitate to elect one of their own. Competence is irrelevant.

WTF is a Jesus shagger?

53 minutes ago, Max Power said:

5ade615c19ee8620008b46f3.jpeg

• Haha 1