Got a parcel through today, repair from a prominent retailer here.

It included a sheet of A4 with my details, faulty item, address, ‘phone number - along with the details of 3 others - 2 of which includes name, address, telephone numbers and an email address.  

Assuming that one sheet of paper has been copied 4 times to go in each parcel .. is this a GDPR breach?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought the same but then I realised I had just got old...  

No because x-in-man doesn't want them to know what he bought from Love Honey.

Yes.

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Got a parcel through today, repair from a prominent retailer here.

It included a sheet of A4 with my details, faulty item, address, ‘phone number - along with the details of 3 others - 2 of which includes name, address, telephone numbers and an email address.  

Assuming that one sheet of paper has been copied 4 times to go in each parcel .. is this a GDPR breach?

Yes.

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

Even if only you received that document it is still a GDPR breach as it contains personal data about other people. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, x-in-man said:

...along with the details of 3 others - 2 of which includes name, address, telephone numbers and an email address.  

If you ring those other numbers up and say nothing except doing some heavy breathing and making scary noises...that retailer will be in right bother.

27 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

If you ring those other numbers up and say nothing except doing some heavy breathing and making scary noises...that retailer will be in right bother.

One of the others must have just done that to me.. 

55 minutes ago, Fluffy123 said:

I believe it’s a data privacy breach. Not a GDP breach. 

do go on

• Like 1
2 hours ago, x-in-man said:

Someone left a book on our doorstep with thousands of names, addresses and old fashioned telephone numbers in it.

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, x-in-man said:

Yes, you definitely shouldn’t have been forwarded other people’s details, you don’t need to know Karen’s just had her laptop repaired or that Kevin has just had his TV repaired, not just a breach but bad practice in general.

Mistakes happen, I doubt it was done with malicious intent. A similar thing happened to my dad with Curry's he called them, made them aware, they apologised, problem solved. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Mistakes happen, I doubt it was done with malicious intent. A similar thing happened to my dad with Curry's he called them, made them aware, they apologised, problem solved. 

ZenBees.

Lovely.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Would you have been so content had your Dad's personal data fallen into the hands of someone who would use them to commit fraud or for other malicious purposes?  If the "prominent retailer" the OP was referring to was Curry's do you think it acceptable that they have taken no action to prevent these data breaches?