• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought the same but then I realised I had just got old...  

No because x-in-man doesn't want them to know what he bought from Love Honey.

Yes.

Posted Images

Just happened to me. I ordered a  travel first aid kit from an online chemist.

Arrived. Checked paperwork and contents. Contained a prescription and prescription only medicines for someone else in UK.

Ive contacted them. They’ll despatch my order again. 

I’ve now got the other persons name, address and phone, plus date of birth. They’ve probably got mine. ( assuming my purchase was sent to them ).

Pharmacy want me to post the medication back. As it’s prescription only I’m a bit worried about the legality of sending through the post. It’s allowed for a Dr or pharmacist to send prescription meds to a patient through the post domestically. I’m neither. And it isn’t domestic. 

Interesting GDPR and “production” conundrum.

9 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Just happened to me. I ordered a  travel first aid kit from an online chemist.

Arrived. Checked paperwork and contents. Contained a prescription and prescription only medicines for someone else in UK.

Ive contacted them. They’ll despatch my order again. 

I’ve now got the other persons name, address and phone, plus date of birth. They’ve probably got mine. ( assuming my purchase was sent to them ).

Pharmacy want me to post the medication back. As it’s prescription only I’m a bit worried about the legality of sending through the post. It’s allowed for a Dr or pharmacist to send prescription meds to a patient through the post domestically. I’m neither. And it isn’t domestic. 

Interesting GDPR and “production” conundrum.

I'd be inclined to ring and take it up to the hospital pharmacy to sort out - paperwork and all?

They'd probably suggest it should simply be destroyed anyway.

Who wants/is allowed meds that have been via someone else's house?

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I'd be inclined to ring and take it up to the hospital pharmacy to sort out - paperwork and all?

They'd probably suggest it should simply be destroyed anyway.

Who wants/is allowed meds that have been via someone else's house?

I’ve already done the ringing. Customs and DHSC medicines. I’m waiting for a response. The pharmacist will be licensed to post out. I’m not. But if I’m going to destroy and not return I wanted to be sure of my grounds.

35 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Don't worry John, it was probably a genuine mistake and I am sure that neither you nor the other person involved are in the slightest bit concerned about where your personal data may have ended up.  As long as they apologised nicely and will send you the correct order why worry?

:ermm:

• Haha 1

There's a world of difference between sending prescription drugs to the wrong person and accidentally including  another customer's dispatch information in with some electrical goods.

• Like 2

@Declan So the prescription drugs are the only problem?  You would not be concerned that your name, address, phone number and date of birth ended up in the hands of someone else without your consent?

I wonder whether the person whose prescription drugs John received is even aware of what has happened?

1 minute ago, manxman1980 said:

@Declan So the prescription drugs are the only problem?  You would not be concerned that your name, address, phone number and date of birth ended up in the hands of someone else without your consent?

I wonder whether the person whose prescription drugs John received is even aware of what has happened?

I rang them to let them know.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Declan said:

I would be concerned. I'd raise it with the company.

All done. I’ve alerted the prescribing Dr, the pharmacist and the person the drugs should have gone to.

Just glad it wasn’t a prescription of mine that’s gone to the wrong address. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

All done. I’ve alerted the prescribing Dr, the pharmacist and the person the drugs should have gone to.

Just glad it wasn’t a prescription of mine that’s gone to the wrong address. 

We cross posted. I was replying to Manxman's weirdness over thebees's Dad's acceptence of an apology in a much less serious situation.

1 hour ago, Declan said:

We cross posted. I was replying to Manxman's weirdness over thebees's Dad's acceptence of an apology in a much less serious situation.

A personal data breach is a personal data breach it does not matter what goods or services accompanied it.  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

A personal data breach is a personal data breach it does not matter what goods or services accompanied it.  

That’s not quite true. Personal data relating to health and biometrics has tighter provisions.

• Like 1