• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well we'll probably never know what that story is. Instead a valuable facility for the youth will be abandoned, someone loaded will rebuild it as a nice house, kids with nothing to do will smash

In the same week that the Duke of Edinburgh died. Unbelievable. Every child in the IOM should spend a week or more at this wonderful educational facility in one of the most beautiful locations we

You'd need a legal beagle to work 'pro bonio'  

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Shame, had a good time there myself in my teens. The Island could do with more outdoor centres for kids and even open up to kids from the UK too. No vision.

I once spoke to an mhk about the pier in llandudno, the place is very similar to the Isle of man and something like that I think would be excellent,  he said it wouldn't work here and that was it. 

As you say no vision 

Edited by thommo2010
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

Shame, had a good time there myself in my teens. The Island could do with more outdoor centres for kids and even open up to kids from the UK too. No vision.

Reading comments on FB it seems some UK police forces used Ardwhallin or rather brought their police cadets here. It would be interesting to hear Derek Flints view, maybe it was used by the islands police and other bodies. Maybe the Community Payback Team did reparations work there? 

Just now, thommo2010 said:

I once spoke to an mhk about the pier in llandudno, the place is very similar to the Isle of man and something like that I think would be excellent,  he said it wouldn't work here and that was it. 

As you say no vision 

I disagree with Ramsey Pier but one day it will come good. Once it reopens how many Tynpotwalders will want to reflect in other peoples success?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Gladys said:

MR announcement on FB starts "One of the islands only outdoor centres ....".  We could do with a grammar centre. 

We could do with MHKs that can speak clearly and have gravitas and decorum! If they can read, write and do their sums even better!

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

MR announcement on FB starts "One of the islands only outdoor centres ....".  We could do with a grammar centre. 

It's because it actually started "The Island's only outdoor centre" and then ended: "The only other facility to offer the same range of activities is the Venture Centre, which is independently run in Maughold".  They've now altered it to make more sense, but not enough.

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

I suspect this may be more to do with the AG's Office, who now have responsibility for charities.

It seems that an awful lot of this Islands problems stem from that office. I vaguely recall some controversy about Quinn being appointed after the whatever the hell it was that went on with the previous guy, someone told me he'd been disbarred. Is that true?

Edited by TheTeapot
1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

I suspect this may be more to do with the AG's Office, who now have responsibility for charities.

I don’t think so as AGs office are trying to get charities properly registered, accounts submitted, records upto date etc. Being involved with a few that’s all their involvement is .

AGs have been running various training courses for charity trustees advising legal responsibilities, requirements etc.

More likely H&S & legal requirements of schools using facilities 

• Like 1

Is this the islands CS muscling out another "business" to bring it into public ownership and all the empire building non jobs they can take on at our expense? 

I would put money on it that I am not far wrong

Look out for an advert "Outdoor manager salary £100k+ internal only" soon.........................

Edited by Boris Johnson
1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

As you say no vision 

He was right.  No way would that be economically viable over here.

1 minute ago, Apple said:

Closure is only temporary apparently.

Closure due to a loss of member of staff.

Outdoor centre Ardwhallan to close permanently is the headline on MR.