Yesterday I went for a bike ride around Archallagan, from the bottom car park to the first bike exit on the left I counted nine piles of dog muck, three of which were in plastic bags. On the path from the lake to the top car park I counted seven piles of dog muck. While off the paths and in the forest I saw numerous bags of dog muck and bits of broken tennis balls - it’s bloody awful! I’m tempted to kick the next dog I see off the lead in Archie, it’s a beautiful space for cyclists, walkers, runners and horse riders (horse muck isn’t as disgusting as dog muck & disintegrates into hay in no time) which is being spoiled by selfish prick dog owners - take your shit with you, don’t leave it in bags all over the forest, there isn’t anyone going around cleaning it up for you so pick it up and put it in the bins.

I don’t go to Chibbanagh plantation because it stinks of dog mess (both wet and solid) there are plenty of plantations that aren’t full of bike paths for people to take their dogs to. That’s it - letter to DEFA & general rousing of folk who don’t want dogs in Archie coming up. DM me if you want to support the cause - Ban dogs in Archie!

• Like 5

I agree.

The island is plenty big enough that there should be some designated dog free plantations, beaches, glens etc.  Far too many lazy dog owners, and that isn’t just with cleaning up, it is with keeping the stinky happy shit machines under control as well.

No way on earth you will get sufficient support thought.

And yeah I am a dog owner, but he doesn’t harass people minding their own business and I don’t leave his shit everywhere.

• Like 1

Horrible people.

The vast majority of people in Archie are fine and share the space well, but there a handful of dog owners are assholes.  Letting their dogs run out of sight across the bike trails, glaring at you when you cycle past and they have to hold their dogs to stop them attacking you etc.  Most are fine tbf.

4 hours ago, 2bees said:

Yesterday I went for a bike ride around Archallagan, from the bottom car park to the first bike exit on the left I counted nine piles of dog muck, three of which were in plastic bags. On the path from the lake to the top car park I counted seven piles of dog muck. While off the paths and in the forest I saw numerous bags of dog muck and bits of broken tennis balls - it’s bloody awful! I’m tempted to kick the next dog I see off the lead in Archie, it’s a beautiful space for cyclists, walkers, runners and horse riders (horse muck isn’t as disgusting as dog muck & disintegrates into hay in no time) which is being spoiled by selfish prick dog owners - take your shit with you, don’t leave it in bags all over the forest, there isn’t anyone going around cleaning it up for you so pick it up and put it in the bins.

I don’t go to Chibbanagh plantation because it stinks of dog mess (both wet and solid) there are plenty of plantations that aren’t full of bike paths for people to take their dogs to. That’s it - letter to DEFA & general rousing of folk who don’t want dogs in Archie coming up. DM me if you want to support the cause - Ban dogs in Archie!

Oh. my. god. Bee's is standing for Keys! With a manifesto like that, you're a shoe in!! :flowers:

• Haha 1

A combined cyclist and dog shit thread!? Sums up 2021 nicely so far!

As you’ve witnessed the most popular Forrests/Glens are generally spoilt by self entitled dickheads racing through on ebikes or by irresponsible dog owners who at best place throw the shit off the beaten path. I noticed sections of the old railway line were the same last week, strangely enough in sections where there is a carpark just off the section, suggesting they let the dog take itself for a walk/a shit.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

A combined cyclist and dog shit thread!? Sums up 2021 nicely so far!

It's not quite "The unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable” but it can't be far away.

• Haha 1

The thing I can't get my head round is, if you leave the shit, it will eventually degrade/wash away, despite being unpleasant for everyone else. 

But putting it in a plastic bag and basically leaving it in the same place makes the problem exponentially worse.  Now it's not going to degrade, it's more like a kid is going to pick it up and your now littering plastic.   Utter morons. 

I somewhere advising to "stick and flick" off the footpaths, which would probably be the favourable option for all. 

2 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

spoilt by self entitled dickheads racing through on ebikes 

How is racing through a glen spoiling it? I have a normal bike and mostly go on bike tracks (speed isn't a concern if I'm involved) but I've never seen any one causing problems on a bike, e or otherwise. 

I went for a walk along the coastal footpath the other day with my dog. 

Bloody cyclists using it.

Its a footpath.  

So I let my dog shit when I saw another one coming and picked it up after they rode through it.

Does it say anywhere that cyclists aren’t permitted on the coastal footpath? I wouldn’t go on it what with it being quite high and somewhat unsafe but I wouldn’t know if it was allowed or not, I presume motorbikes aren’t allowed but what does it say about push bikes?

Posted (edited)

You’re militant dog owner aren’t you? Like I said, I wouldn’t go there but if there aren’t signs...nah I’m not going to check. 

as an aside... thanks for that link :) We’re good cyclists and there are plenty of places for bikes to go without going on footpaths. 

Edited by 2bees
We don’t all have to be unnecessarily arsey. Cyclists rule - dogs just shit all over the place :)
1 hour ago, 2bees said:

You’re militant dog owner aren’t you? Like I said, I wouldn’t go there but if there aren’t signs...nah I’m not going to check. 

as an aside... thanks for that link :) We’re good cyclists and there are plenty of places for bikes to go without going on footpaths. 

I do like to pick up water bottles, hand pumps, reflectors and torn lycra bits and hang them from trees.   I like to think a cyclist is going to pick them up on their return to save them carrying it the way round - but they seem to forget as they are still there the next day.

• Haha 1