Cruise to the IOM named one of the top ten summer holidays of 2021

The list of cruise ships booked in to Douglas Bay/Harbour does say Important notice: Following the current developments with the COVID-19 pandemic, this cruise port schedule is subject to change as the situation evolves.

🙃

To: Mr Laurence Skelly MHK, Minister for Enterprise 

laurence.skelly@gov.im

Dear Mr Skelly

I am pleased to see the latest initiative from your department, which is to allow tourists to ride the TT circuit on an ATV, as advertised in this cruise brochure:

https://www.primaholidays.co.uk/tours/uk-southwest-liverpool-poole-tradewind-cruise

Although I am a resident not a tourist, I would be very interested in taking part in this event which I believe is due to take place between 25 July - 4 August this year, according to the brochure.  Please can you tell me where I can book for this.  I hope the roads are going to be closed to other vehicles for the occasion because as you know, there are a lot of lunatics around who really shouldn't be allowed on the road without supervision.

Yours sincerely

Balladoc 

• Like 2

I sincerely hope that Gov don't seize on this positive headline as the justification to splurge, what was the figure, 100 million, on a cruise terminal ! or maybe now thankfully we don't have it, our cruise terminal is going to be in Liverpool by the costs LOL.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, asitis said:

I sincerely hope that Gov don't seize on this positive headline as the justification to splurge, what was the figure, 100 million, on a cruise terminal ! or maybe now thankfully we don't have it, our cruise terminal is going to be in Liverpool by the costs LOL.

With this current regime, who quite frankly behave with impunity and like a dictatorship, nothing is impossible. I’ll be very surprised if they don’t vote through before the dissolution of the HOK, another major capital project scheme, leaving a hot potato for the next incoming administration. 

It’s amazing though, they find the funding if they really really want it. Sadly another budget is squeezed.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BallaDoc said:

To: Mr Laurence Skelly MHK, Minister for Enterprise 

laurence.skelly@gov.im

Dear Mr Skelly

I am pleased to see the latest initiative from your department, which is to allow tourists to ride the TT circuit on an ATV, as advertised in this cruise brochure:

https://www.primaholidays.co.uk/tours/uk-southwest-liverpool-poole-tradewind-cruise

Although I am a resident not a tourist, I would be very interested in taking part in this event which I believe is due to take place between 25 July - 4 August this year, according to the brochure.  Please can you tell me where I can book for this.  I hope the roads are going to be closed to other vehicles for the occasion because as you know, there are a lot of lunatics around who really shouldn't be allowed on the road without supervision.

Yours sincerely

Balladoc 

What's an ATV? Is it an All Terrain Vehicle?

Assuming it is , why would they specifically take people round the TT course in one?   It's a public road, not sand dunes.

10 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

What's an ATV? Is it an All Terrain Vehicle?

Assuming it is , why would they specifically take people round the TT course in one?   It's a public road, not sand dunes.

Perhaps our stupid elected politicos and unelected civil servants have made plans to close the TT course so the big truck can speed around the course? They will think nothing of closing the road for a car owners club meeting. Just a thought .....

Dear Balladoc,

Thanks for email and sharing your interest in this event. 

I have included Paul from our Motorsport team who are leading on this initiative and advise further details.

Tannee sauchey – Stay safe,

Laurence

HON. LAURENCE D SKELLY MHK

Minister Department for Enterprise

Member House of Keys for Rushen

Member Tynwald - World's oldest continuous Parliament

Isle of Man – World’s first Island Nation UNESCO Biosphere

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 4/15/2021 at 1:29 PM, Uhtred said:

I see that whilst here the visitors can enjoy ‘...views over to Britain’. Or indeed look at anything on the Island itself which was also in Britain the last time I audited my atlas.

England, Scotland & Wales form Britain. 'Great Britain' includes their adjacent isles but not the crown dependencies so far as I am aware

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

England, Scotland & Wales form Britain. 'Great Britain' includes their adjacent isles but not the crown dependencies so far as I am aware

You are correct that the Isle of Man is not a part of Great Britain. It is a constituent part of the British Isles.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, 2112 said:

Perhaps our stupid elected politicos and unelected civil servants have made plans to close the TT course so the big truck can speed around the course? They will think nothing of closing the road for a car owners club meeting. Just a thought .....

Nothing wrong with closing the road for car owner meets.  Great idea and great tourism too.

Dear Balladoc

Thanks you for getting in touch with Minister Skelly about this.

We have looked into it and it is a mistake by the cruise company and it is in fact a motorcycle Trike Tour

Best wishes

Mike 

Michael Doherty BA Hons (Econ)

Tourism Events Manager

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this is an oldish video, but do we have any more attractions which would entice people to want to come here since it was made?

To me it looks a miserable place, commemorating a miserable time in human history, apart from the vintage transport.

Edited by Max Power
Spelling