went to the Douglas terminal Costa, the other day it looks alot fresher now but the outside still is unfinished as yet, but what I found was it was full of mums buggy and crying baby's taking over large areas as if it's their right too 4 mums and buggy with 2 seating areas in use then another group came in and took up another area in the end I went outside to drink my coffee, I know mums have to go and meet up with friends but do have some consideration for others who just want to have a quiet coffee. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if they have reinstated the children's play area, but that Costa was always somewhere where parents of small children used to gather, because there was was space where the kids could run

Terminal Costa sounds like a clinic in Switzerland.

@Billy kettlefish may I ask why you go to Costa? Cant be the coffee, they don’t sell coffee. Are you sure you’re not going to look at the young mums, you seem unhealthily obsessed.

Posted Images

I don't know if they have reinstated the children's play area, but that Costa was always somewhere where parents of small children used to gather, because there was was space where the kids could run around but still be in view.  So it's not unexpected that it's still heaving with toddlers and their carers.

What a pity there are no other coffee shops in Douglas that you could use.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
Posted (edited)

there are a lot of coffee shops I could use in Douglas, but on that particular day I choose to go the that one I know mum's and baby's need a nice place to go but I get the feeling that they think they  have the right to take over large swathes of tables to do it, have a little bit of curtisy for other people. 

Edited by Billy kettlefish
14 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Terminal Costa sounds like a clinic in Switzerland.

Spain surely?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Without mum club I don’t think Costa would even exist, you’ve literally just described their business model...... that said in years gone by mothers would actually tell their kids to put a sock in it otherwise they won’t get their gingerbread man, these days they just shout over the top like the kid isn’t even emitting a god awful noise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

there are a lot of coffee shops I could use in Douglas, but on that particular day I choose to go the that one I know mum's and baby's need a nice place to go but I get the feeling that they think they  have the right to take over large swathes of tables to do it, have a little bit of curtisy for other people. 

I agree with you. Let’s cull via lethal injection 50% of the under 5’s and any woman who has given birth within the past 3 years. That’ll free up a seat for you and keep the noise down. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Lots of Manx Forums people go to coffee shops. And sit in a corner on their own tapping on their mobile phones, pretending they're doing important work and talking to important people and lots of friends. But all they are doing is posting on Manx Forums.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
8 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I agree with you. Let’s cull via lethal injection 50% of the under 5’s and any woman who has given birth within the past 3 years. That’ll free up a seat for you and keep the noise down. 

No, only people 16 and over are having the Covid vaccination. Should get most of the mums, but not the kids. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Billy kettlefish said:

Tough shit springs to mind. Sort yourself out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Billy kettlefish said:

as if it's their right 

If they're paying customers it IS their right to use the tables and chairs. 

Curious that you didn't have a word with the manager if mums and babies were more than you could handle.

Betcha won't be complaining about those mums and babies when their taxes are paying your pension. If you cull them now you might go hungry in your dotage.