Serious incident in Rhumsaa

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Without names, what happened?

The moderated FB release seems to be accurate (BUT I'm only going on that too, plus what's circulating news/gossip-wise for a picture). It's unprecedented.

ETA. Finlo's previous post is best appreciation.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as evidenced by the fact you're the first MF member to become a worldwide meme  

It's a tired feature of Manx life that the village mentality of 'mind your own business' and the 'need to know' rule still persists. We've never matured as a modern open society and democracy, and 'ou

Because we live in an open society with an open legal system.  This happens all the time, major incidents that are subject to news blackouts. The UK police manage to release details of serio

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Without names, what happened?

An educated guess would be someone was flogging "stuff" on someone else's "patch".

9 hours ago, Max Power said:

I've seen nothing anywhere about this, it probably means one of a few things...

1) It's someone connected to a prominent local official?

2) It's a non event?

3) Someone is scared?

Or all three?

• Haha 1

None of the above. All known villains and that's putting it politely. Nothing on Manx Radio this morning, not even a mention. Story will now be all tucked up nice and snug like everything else as far as the police and the media are concerned. Every dog in the street in Ramsey knows these characters though and the story will come out through unofficial channels. As somebody posted above, expect a call-out for witnesses in about three months time.

• Like 7
42 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

None of the above. All known villains and that's putting it politely. Nothing on Manx Radio this morning, not even a mention. Story will now be all tucked up nice and snug like everything else as far as the police and the media are concerned. Every dog in the street in Ramsey knows these characters though and the story will come out through unofficial channels. As somebody posted above, expect a call-out for witnesses in about three months time.

It may be quite deliberate too though....as you say, none of these characters are strangers to courtrooms or cells and already know every trick in the book as regards their legal rights including adverse publicity jeopardising their right to a fair trial etc etc. The Plod will know this. Hopefully they'll just be quietly gathering enough evidence to make stuff stick properly.

Then we can all pay for their incarceration. Again.

• Like 3

I agree with you Non-Believer but adverse publicity and a fair trial is up to the court to decide, and shouldn't prevent proper and responsible reporting of serious crime. The public have a right to know.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I agree with you Non-Believer but adverse publicity and a fair trial is up to the court to decide, and shouldn't prevent proper and responsible reporting of serious crime. The public have a right to know.

Why do the public have a right to know? I mean ultimately it might go to court and the story might come out then but if there's no danger to the public and its contained etc why would the public want to know? 

22 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Why do the public have a right to know? I mean ultimately it might go to court and the story might come out then but if there's no danger to the public and its contained etc why would the public want to know? 

Well I for one would.  I love a bit of gossip.

Who's involved and what happened?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Because we live in an open society with an open legal system. 

This happens all the time, major incidents that are subject to news blackouts.

The UK police manage to release details of serious incidents without jeopardising the investigation or any resulting trial. 

• Like 9

Exactly Gladys. There's absolutely no reason why serious incidents shouldn't be reported. They are newsworthy and the public have a right to be informed. When cases come to court the presiding deemsters need to grow a pair and stop letting defence counsels monkey around to stretch out the fee.  

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Because we live in an open society with an open legal system. 

This happens all the time, major incidents that are subject to news blackouts.

The UK police manage to release details of serious incidents without jeopardising the investigation or any resulting trial. 

I personally couldn't care less what happened I wasn't involved and it has no bearing on my life. Other than the op mentioning it I'd be none the wiser to it. As for the open legal system as I've said should this get to court then the details will be released then I just don't get this the public have a right to know especially when it looks like any investigation is in its early stages

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The public have a right to know.

yes, but it isn't actually up to anyone to inform them.

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

It's always important in any society to know what miscreants are up to, who is suffering and who needs help. It's part of being human.

• Like 1